Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. I am new to the site as of today!
Found it by doin' a search on Yahoo.
Looks great. Look forward to contributing and learning.
I have been into motorycles for about 5 years now (i'm 31 yrs.old).
Have owned 5 bikes since I started. Can't make up my mind.
Picked up an 04 R6 today (silver w/flames) and love it! I plan on leaving it all stock other than removing the rear license hanger/plastic thang, switch to smaller front and rear signals, double bubble, cowl, remove rear passenger pegs and add frame sliders.
Other than that, I'm just gonna enjoy it for now.. Maybe pc3 and exhaust later, but not yet!
I'm living in Northern California. Take it easy! nittyp :cheers

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the fun bunch!!! Everyone is here to help in anyway possible.
I forgot to mention. I'm going to the International Moto Show in Atlanta . I'll be sure to see all the new 1000's.

Blade

·
Registered
133 Posts
Alohaz and welcome. Careful with your statement "I'd like to leave it stock" LOL It never stays tha way, stock that is.... :twisted:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
RatbikeR6 said:
Alohaz and welcome. Careful with your statement "I'd like to leave it stock" LOL It never stays tha way, stock that is.... :twisted:
yup thats true. i dont know anyone that didnt change atleast one item.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks..

Thanks for the welcome guys.. You're absolutely right about the 'stock' thang.. I was actually droolin' over exhaust systems last night on line! Hmmm.. This bike is awesome. I just went from a 03 gixxer to this 04 R6.
The gixxer was a good bike, but the R6 is much nicer. The riding position, cornering, acceleration, BRAKES, seat... These are the things I noticed to be nicer than the gixxer right off the bat. Can't wait to really take this bike for a ride. I only have 30 miles on it.. From the dealer to my house!
My birthday today, so I'm spending the day with the family. If there's no rain this week, I'll have to play hooky from work a day or two!!

Take it easy guys. Thanks again for the warm welcome! nittyp

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the site...glad tohear you are enjoying your new ride.

I too, rode mine stock for the entire summer, but when the weather got cold and I couldnt ride, I started dumping money into it
:mrgreen:

Let us know of any other differences you find btwn R6 and Gixxer (just curious)

Later

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
jasamb said:
Welcome to the site...glad tohear you are enjoying your new ride.

I too, rode mine stock for the entire summer, but when the weather got cold and I couldnt ride, I started dumping money into it
:mrgreen:

Let us know of any other differences you find btwn R6 and Gixxer (just curious)

Later
+1:)

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,633 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts