Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a Raven 2006 R6, bike is sick, but I am waiting for my new tires for it so it can pass inspection. Other than lubing the chain weekly and changing the oil often, what other stuff can I do to make this bike run great and last. I don't ride real hard, I don't race and I don't do stunts or anything, just love to ride.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
Welcome to the family! I'm an ex-MD resident. Just stay on top of your chain, oil, and tires. Your other fluids require less maintenance, but stay on top of them as well.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
I use Motul, personally. But Maxima Chain Wax is also good. Try them both and find out which you prefer. This question gets asked a lot, and everyone always has a different opinion. Important thing is that you adjust and lube your chain regularly.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Get some pics up. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics are coming, my bike is in hagerstown, MD, and I live in Washington D.C., so it's an hour away or so, I need to tighten my chain, get new tires to pass inspections, will do it all at once and give it a good chain cleaning and a good bike cleaning.

Also, is tightening the chain on an 06 R6 pretty standard compared to other bikes? Any tricks to know about?

·
Registered
733 Posts
So I just bought a Raven 2006 R6, bike is sick, but I am waiting for my new tires for it so it can pass inspection. Other than lubing the chain weekly and changing the oil often, what other stuff can I do to make this bike run great and last. I don't ride real hard, I don't race and I don't do stunts or anything, just love to ride.
Hey bud, I'm in baltimore if you ever want to ride. I'm a new rider as well...it's good to meet other sixes around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts