Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, names Dennis im new to the bike game and ive been doing some researching and i just want some personal experience oppinions on some products. I picked up an 08 R6 black last week and now im ready to pick up parts for it. heres the list ill take any feedback on it

1. Integrated light vs Fender eliminator ( COmpany brand to would be helpful )

2. License plate bracket im digging that style on the bottom corner ( expensive anyone know anywhere cheaper they run about 100.. )

3. frame sliders is there certain spots for frame sliders ? or theres 2 sections to plug those things in and whats a good company and brand

4. what company makes good HID kits as long as its H7 bulbs?

thanks for your input much appreciated
ill take any advice for a newbie like me on products or upgrades you guys also recommend

·
Registered
749 Posts
1 - Just take off the stock fender and get integrated lights. Looks cleaner and more stylish.

2 - Plate holders are nice. Personally, I think the swing arm mounted ones are cruiser style. They dont look right on the sportbikes. I made a Carbon Fiber one (actually I made 3) It came out cleaner looking on the bike, its strong, and I hooked LED's into it. It looks great. I can make you one for the cost of materials and shipping.

3 - Frame sliders are a great idea. I would go with the no-cut sliders, they are not as durrable but if you are a perfectionist and you cut the faring wrong you will be pissed. Colored sliders seem to fade a lot easier and dont look as good. I also heard CF sliders are too strong and can bend the mounts upon a crash.

4 - Get HID's off ebay. They are the cheapest. You can get either the regular kit or the slim kit. It is your choice. Your best off getting a full kit with 2 ballasts and 2 bulbs. Watch some kits sell a motorcycle kit which is just 1 ballast and 1 bulb. You need 2 (1 lo, 1 hi)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts