Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Picked up my 2012 R6 a little over a month ago...

This is my 6th season riding, and 5th bike I've owned... definitely the best I've had! Couldn't be more excited and happy with my purchase!

Figured it's time to join the forum since team Honda flew out the window the minute I rode this thing;) lol

Been wanting to go to the track for a long time, took it a few weeks ago, was absolutely amazing. Learned quite a bit, can't wait to go back.

Added some photos of the bike. When I got it it had clip ons, stunt cage and a 55t rear sprocket & two down in front. Changed the rear to the stock 45 and one down in front, the cage is gone also and my bars are back to stock.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
Sick man! Welcome. Most of the bikes at the track must have been R6's huh? That's usually how it is. Here's a pic of my bike the first time at the track Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Think of getting pirelli diablo supercorsa SP's. Super sticky tire. Great for the track and pretty good for street. A lot of people run them at the track.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sick man! Welcome. Most of the bikes at the track must have been R6's huh? That's usually how it is. Here's a pic of my bike the first time at the track View attachment 216586
Think of getting pirelli diablo supercorsa SP's. Super sticky tire. Great for the track and pretty good for street. A lot of people run them at the track.

Thanks! &yes a lot of R6's at the track for sure! I use 2cts they've been my tire of choice for a while but I was mainly street. Let me know how the Pirelli's compare to whatever you're using now if you end up running them!

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Alloy wheel

I've been using pirellis! Fell in love with them. I used the Dunlop Q2's because they were on my bike for my first track day. After my first track day, first thing I did was get the pirellis. I don't have any pictures of the wear that's on my pirellis now but they're a harder compound which makes them stickier and last long.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
:wave welcome to the addiction!! :)

i gotta say that once you ride an R6 at the track you wouldn't want anything else. my one friend who is fast on a stock CBR finally switch to an R6 last year and he would never go back to anything else. then again he did put about $10K-$15K in uprades into his R6. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:wave welcome to the addiction!! :)

i gotta say that once you ride an R6 at the track you wouldn't want anything else. my one friend who is fast on a stock CBR finally switch to an R6 last year and he would never go back to anything else. then again he did put about $10K-$15K in uprades into his R6. ;)
Thanks! &Couldn't agree more! :wave

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
:wave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts