Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi the names christian im going to be new to this this summer and have decided on getting a r6 for my first bike but i was wondering on hearing what year or years are the best r6 available for a beginner rider to the street. i have done motocross for 5 years so riding it should not be to hard thanks for the help

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Dirt riding and street riding are 2 different types of riding :fact

Just have respect for the bike and you will be fine

Welcome...and enjoy your stay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o yea i know its different trust me but i still have the basics of clutch and all that good stuff but just trying to get a feel for what the best year is and some parts and what not and to learn about them in general

·
Speedy Claxton
1,767 Posts
Depends on how much money you're willing to spend, I guess. Used bikes can be anywhere from pristine to junk. Do your research and ask questions. You'll be fine.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Dirt riding and street riding are 2 different types of riding :fact

Just have respect for the bike and you will be fine

Welcome...and enjoy your stay
:fact dirt does not = the street. Two different animals, respect the bike and it will respect you back.
o yea i know its different trust me but i still have the basics of clutch and all that good stuff but just trying to get a feel for what the best year is and some parts and what not and to learn about them in general
see above, as for best year that's an open ended question. Look around lots of good info in the how to, mechnical threads etc.

·
12,482 Posts
If you had never riden before, an R6 would not be the best choice as a first bike IMO, but since you've been riding dirt for 5 years, you should be ok.

:wave
Welcome!

·
my R6 tickles me.
465 Posts
R6 is a great starter bike!!!! get what ever you can afford. I started on a R6 without dirt experience, you will be fine if you respect the bike

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
:wave everyone say 08 idk i have and 07 no problems so get whatever you can afford :toocool:
That's cause you aren't riding it hard enough. 06 - 07 has rod/oiling problems under heavy loads such as racing or stunting.

2008 R6 is said because it's the most powerful R6 to date.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Welcome aboard the R-train

·
12,482 Posts
Inc thread jack: Am I the only guy that didn't learn anything from his MSF course?
That just means that you were the only guy that didn't have an open mind to accept anything new. :fact

1 - 20 of 22 Posts