Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, after a long winter and most of summer i finally got my bike back with a new paint scheme.

as most of you have already know, i was running the FIAT yamaha scheme for many years until i crash at Laguna last year. :(

FIAT Yamaha R6 by msu_1972, on Flickr

ok, this is what it look like during and after the crash at Laguna. it actually flipped twice before resting on it's side.

and finally after a long period of putting her back together and getting her painted, this is how she look today. :)

I even got the matching Valencia helmet from 2006 to go with the new paint scheme. :toocool:

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,450 Posts
Awesome David. Just awesome. Now I can't do that paint scheme anymore since you did it! :rant

Or actually I'll do the same, but instead of red, I'll make mine pink! Just need to be about 2-3 seconds faster first! :laugh

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who does your paint? Both schemes look(ed) killer.
a professional shop painted the FIAT scheme but it did cost me $850. a friend painted this new one for me and it only cost me $170 for paint and supplies. :)

I dig it man. But your old paint scheme was my favorite on the forum. I feel like we just broke up or something. :p
thanks bro, i really missed the old FIAT paint scheme as well but i guess i need a fresh new start. :)

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome David. Just awesome. Now I can't do that paint scheme anymore since you did it! :rant

Or actually I'll do the same, but instead of red, I'll make mine pink! Just need to be about 2-3 seconds faster first! :laugh
Ricky, i do agree that a hot pink would make you go 2-3 second faster. hahaha...

·
wat?
722 Posts
That looks awesome. I need to make some friends who have useful skills :bowroll I tried to paint my own bike and it looks like crap -- but I definitely could never stomach $850 for a track bike!

edit: btw, who was your Laguna day with that wasn't a low-db day? I would like to ride it sometime (been there in a car), but all the days seem to be 90db anymore...

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks awesome. I need to make some friends who have useful skills :bowroll I tried to paint my own bike and it looks like crap -- but I definitely could never stomach $850 for a track bike!

edit: btw, who was your Laguna day with that wasn't a low-db day? I would like to ride it sometime (been there in a car), but all the days seem to be 90db anymore...
the track provide was Zoom Zoom, they usually hold a yamaha appreciation day ($100/day) every year in Oct with a 102 db. get on their mailing list so when the open up registration you can get in on it. it goes fast and usually sold out with an hour or less.

·
wat?
722 Posts
the track provide was Zoom Zoom, they usually hold a yamaha appreciation day ($100/day) every year in Oct with a 102 db. get on their mailing list so when the open up registration you can get in on it. it goes fast and usually sold out with an hour or less.
Awesome, thanks. I don't see an October MRLS date listed on their calendar, but I'll sign up and hope I get lucky if they offer one again this year :toocool:

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome, thanks. I don't see an October MRLS date listed on their calendar, but I'll sign up and hope I get lucky if they offer one again this year :toocool:
they don't have it posted on their calendar until registration becomes available. they usually have to work out a confirm date with the track and don't know the exact dates until 1 month before it's available. just keep and eye out and get on that mailing list.

http://z2trackdays.com/ti/z2/content/calendar.html

·
wat?
722 Posts
they don't have it posted on their calendar until registration becomes available. they usually have to work out a confirm date with the track and don't know the exact dates until 1 month before it's available. just keep and eye out and get on that mailing list.

http://z2trackdays.com/ti/z2/content/calendar.html
Already signed up for the list :D I read that the 2013 event sold out in 30 minutes... crazy. I don't even care about the discounted rate for the day (though that's a nice perk!), I just want to be able to ride it full tilt without worrying about sound :thumbdown

And sorry to derail the thread -- your Laguna pic with an aftermarket exhaust just caught my eye.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
I'm gonna miss the old scheme

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts