Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So I am new to forums in general and don't really know how to use this page but I have an issue with my 2012 R6 and didn't know where to turn besides trying to find some help here. Bike is basically brand new has 1500 miles on it, just picked it up in Feb. Since then I have done a few minor upgrades, PCV/MJS Midpipe/Yoshi Slip-on and some other cosmetic upgrades. Since I deleted the cat my idle has been bumpy when I roll off the clutch in 1st. I cannot figure out what the problem is and I tried a different map but it still bucks sometimes until I give it some gas. It really doesn't effect my riding but drives me crazy to have anything wrong with my brand new bike after I spent all this money to "upgrade" it. Other then the idle issue the bike runs perfectly fine so I am confident that my map is ok. Ive done a lot of research and some people have told me that when you do a cat-delete it might cause the problem im having. Also read somewhere that the PCV map doesn't kick in until 1500 RPMS and my idle is about 1200-1300. ANY ADVICE would be really appreciated, its honestly driving me crazy lol. Thanks in advance!

-Justin

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best advice is have your ecu flashed by Ant (chiefsmokedawg in the forum). He is in jersey in case you have to pay him a visit or you can just mail him your ecu

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks so much for getting back to me! Like I said I'm new to forums so how can I actually contact chiefsmokedawg? Heard a lot about ecu flash and was just nervous and needed someone to be referred too.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,411 Posts
:wave

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey! Have to say I am so surprised by the responses from you guys and I have already spoke to Anthony and am so excited to have my ECU flashed. SO happy I decided to make an account and I am looking forward to being a part of the community! Thanks so much for all of you getting back to me and getting me in touch with Anthony!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.