Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Zoom
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recentl purchased an ebay dark smoke windscreen. It sucks. It doesn't fit right. It fits but doesn't sit flush with the fairing, and the taps just above the mirror don't line up at all.

I then decided to compare it to the OEM windscreen. I noticed that the OEM piece had beveled edges all the way around to allow it to sit flush with the fairng and slide into the hooks at the top.

I really like the potential that the dark screen has in comparison to the OEM clear one. I am now looking into getting either a Puid or Zero Gravity.

I'm not sure if I want a double bubble or not, as it seems the only advantage that gives is less air on the helmet which doesn't really bother me that much. The OEM style and DB both look sick, so that doesn't matter either.

Please throw out any opinions on the styles, fits, and performance the different options I have.

I have to take pictures of the screen tonight for the ebay seller, so I will get them on here as well.

Thank you In advance!

·
Zoom
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how that happened....stupid page said it couldn't load so i hit back and posted agian....my apologies

mods please erase the extra two with no relative info

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
well...whichever thread you're going to look at, i have a zero gravity on mine. I absolutely love it. They also have awesome customer service. I'm on my second screen...The first one i was messin around in the garage and i snapped the corner off my first one and when i called them to ask if there was anything to be done since i was the one who broke it they said they would sell me one for 50% off and send it free. It fits great as well...

heres a pic of my dark smoke zero...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a ZG double bubble. I replaced the one that came with the bike after hitting a truck and breaking it. I really like it. Not hard to install and it looks good. Haven't had any experience with other brands, so I can't compare.

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
I think the Puig DB looks much better than the ZeroGravity. The puig even comes with a small R6 logo stamped on the lower front part of it. Fits absolutely perfect. very very durable as well

·
Registered
167 Posts
well...whichever thread you're going to look at, i have a zero gravity on mine. I absolutely love it. They also have awesome customer service. I'm on my second screen...The first one i was messin around in the garage and i snapped the corner off my first one and when i called them to ask if there was anything to be done since i was the one who broke it they said they would sell me one for 50% off and send it free. It fits great as well...

heres a pic of my dark smoke zero...
Nice bike but nice house!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
i just painted the inside of my factory windscreen, with my gut in the way i cant tuck down far enough to see thru it anyways .. lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a Zero Gravity dark smoke on my R6 and I love it. It fit on the bike perfect, unlike some lower quality screens like Hot Bodies.

·
MY R1 IS A BEAST !!
85 Posts
I bought a cheap one off of ebay, what a wasted, couldn't even get it on correctly, not flush with the faring. How hard is it to install these name brand ones, did you guys do it yourself or have someone do it, those little rubber screws are a pain in the ass lol

Danny

·
Registered
15 Posts
i also bought a cheap sh*t windshield off ebay , and i have agree that the fit is realy crappy , i put it on and then put it off , it was to ugly ...

·
Zoom
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The rubber screws really arent that bad. Line them up and twist them in from the BOTTOM.

Let this thread be a warning to everyone that the ebay windscreens do suck, and that Puig and Zero Gravity are the way to go!

·
MY R1 IS A BEAST !!
85 Posts
are you guys taking the front off or just the screen, i just took the screen off and had a hard time even putting the stock one back on, maybe i'm just not mechanically inclined. BTW anyone in the atlanta, ga area, i'm stationed here at ft mcpherson. Its pretty nice weather here for riding huh

Danny

·
Zoom
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You should only need to take the windscreen and mirrors off. Then you should be able to slide the replacement of OEM replacement in for a perfect fit.

·
Jet noise in the morning
578 Posts
db zero gravity dark smoke for my 05....and lovin it

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
yeah man...its cake to put on

You wont have any trouble...definitely agree with cashmoney, only bout half a beer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts