Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new b to the whole 2 wheel world and just bought a 2008 R6 Cadmium Yellow w/Black flames. Hope to learn and gain as much info as possible

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the same. Great bike, you are in for some fun. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Coo Bike Bro I Have The Black Though It A Sick Bike Alot Of Power So Yes Be Carefull The One Thing I Can Tell U Now To Do Is Change Ur Tires Take Those Stock Tires Off They Suck They Take Forever To Warm Up... I Have Pilot Powers And They R Great Stick Good Warm Up Fast.......... So Ya Bro Let Me Now If U Need Any Help Ok Ride Safe

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas. are there any must buy items to improve stock ride or handling besides the stock tires? what exactly does a steering damper do?

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Nice bike man, welcome!

On a side note...ramboy, why did you capitalize every word? lol

·
I'll do my best.
35 Posts
the damper will help prevent the dreaded "wobble", trust me, the very first time that happens to you, it'll scare you shitless. lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm new to bike too. Just got me an 08 R6 on Sat. Black on black, loving the color.
Question.... What is the frame sliders how will it help my bike when I lay it down? Where can I get one. thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm new to bike too. Just got me an 08 R6 on Sat. Black on black, loving the color.
Question.... What is the frame sliders how will it help my bike when I lay it down? Where can I get one. thanks
Frame sliders HELP protect your bike in the event you drop her (to an extent). You can purchase them from any bike supply store, including the factory yamaha delarships.

Generally to protect your bike investment I recommend
1. Frame sliders
2. Swing arm sliders
3. Bar Ends

you should be able to get the entire set of 3 for about 100.00. Also very easy to install so save yourself some money and do it yourself

·
Registered
21 Posts
WELL THE FUNNY THING IS THAT AT MY WORK WE USE ALL CAPS IN THE PROGRAM THAT WE USE AND I GUESS IM SO USE TO IT LOL AND Y IS IT FUNNY U NEVER SEE ANY ONE USE CAPS IN ALL THERE WORDS

Nice bike man, welcome!

On a side note...ramboy, why did you capitalize every word? lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
WELL PRETTY MUCH FRAME SLIDER HELP U OUT ALOT CUZ IF UR BIKE WOULD TO GO DOWN UR FRAINGS WONT BREAK AND GET MASS UP ULL HAVE SOME SCARTES BUT AND IT ALSO HOW BAD IT GOES DOWN BUT IT STILL DOES SAVE UR BIKE...... AND U CAN GET THEM ANYWHERE FROM THE DEALSHIP WHERE U BOUGHT UR BIKE FROM SOME TIMES THER PRETTY PRICE BUT EBAY OR ONLINE OR TRY TO FIND A SHOP AROUND U THAT WORKS ON BIKE ANYBIKES THEY CAN STILL ORDER IT FOR U

1 - 20 of 28 Posts