Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, very new to this, my brother just got his ninja 250R yesterday, and i just think bikes are all that right now, found a steal of a deal for a 2003 YZF 600R for 2500, in great condition too,

I read that the 600r is a much more comfortable bike to ride, i'm definitely into performance, but dont want to kill myself too soon, and i'll be commuting on this bike a good 40 miles of highway to work each day. Is the 60lb or so weight difference all that bad either, I'm sure it won't make too big of a deal..

Everyone tell me if this is a good first, I want a big bike because I dont want to keep stepping up,and losing money, just buy one, learn to respect it hardcore and stay with it for a while.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Hey guys, very new to this, my brother just got his ninja 250R yesterday, and i just think bikes are all that right now, found a steal of a deal for a 2003 YZF 600R for 2500, in great condition too,

I read that the 600r is a much more comfortable bike to ride, i'm definitely into performance, but dont want to kill myself too soon, and i'll be commuting on this bike a good 40 miles of highway to work each day. Is the 60lb or so weight difference all that bad either, I'm sure it won't make too big of a deal..

Everyone tell me if this is a good first, I want a big bike because I dont want to keep stepping up,and losing money, just buy one, learn to respect it hardcore and stay with it for a while.
i think thats a good bike to start with personally though id invest a little more and get the 2008 kawi 250 instead way better bike imo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, well as i said, my brother bought his, and hes 15, so i can ride his a little, and get a feel using that, i won't be pushing it on the street, i'll save that for the track though!

I think the 600 would be good though, since i drive basically 150km to work and back and along with other things each day, so i want something comfortable, with some guts so I don't have to worry so much on the highway, I would be worried about that with the 250 or with an R6, which i have read is a lot more raw..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts