Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here w/ recent purchase of mint 06 50th A/E stock except 520 conversion w/ 3200 miles for $6400.00. A steal I thought after looking for awhile for this specific model which I'm very fond of.
Questions:

Bike seems to run fairly hot. Fan kicks on at @ 214 degrees almost everytime I come to stoplight. Coolant level is good. Is this normal? It has never gone higher than 220.

Gearbox seems a little "notchy/clunky" more so than previous gixxer and CBR when backing down thru multimple gears as if stopping for light. Also occaisally (sp?) doesn't want to shift from 4 to 5 with same ease as other gears.

Anyone ever just tint inside of windscreen with window film with any luck?

Thanks in advance - love the forum great stuff and humor here!

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Temps are fine.

Change oil to a lighter weight for your shifting issue.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
What are the temps you are riding in. If the day time temps are high your bike will run that high. Being as you are in AZ I'm sure it's pretty warm out. Your bike is operating fine temp wise.

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
hey im from vegas and thats exactly how my bike rides. ur fine and +1 on the oil change

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Temps sound alright to me too... I'm in FL, and the bike runs at a constant 200+ and when I come to a stop it jumps right up near 220 as well. Fan kicks on at 212 for me, and that's with 80+ defgree temperatures.
I also say that you change your oil, you might be running a weight that is too heavy for your location, or it's just old and broken down leaving it unable to do what it's supposed to do... lubricate.
As for the windscreen... never heard of anyone "tinting" their screen but I have heard of people using a rattle can to coat the inside, and most of them have come out pretty good. As long as you use quality paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts