Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:jump Hey I'm Jeff, I really like the set up you guys have here. I had a couple of questions.

1) I have about $2000 to play w/ and wanted some hints as to what mods I should get and where. The bike is completely stock. I moved from Orlando (UCF area) to Deltona, FL.

2) Anyone around my area?

3) If so...do you ride in a group on certain days? I used to ride up to SteaknShake near Aloma & 436 when I had my first bike (97' Suzuki Katana 750), sold that to make payments on my car. I'm selling the car this weekend and purchasing the 02' R6 (RED) next weekend.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
welcome to the forum.
If you want performance mods, I would get a full exhaust system, and a power commander lll. That should run you about $1400 or so depending on what system you get. (check out the exhaust and fuel delivery section)
The rest I would spend on quality riding gear.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
welcome! :wave

I have to agree with Dave, look into some performance mods for the bike first, and some good gear for YOU first. Get some leathers, good gloves, good lid. I wish I would have $2K to spend, it would prolly ALL go to gear! lol OK, maybe not all, but alot!

Full exhaust, PCIII, steering stabilizer.

Save some $$ for those "cool" things too, and the cosmetic things you will want, like undertails, and fender eliminators and taillight integrators too!

Good luck, and welcome again. We have a great group here, we can definately help you spend some $$!

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
welcome to the forum. These guys gave you good advice, I would say start with your gear, then get visual mods, then performance mods... but this will be your 2nd bike so you should be able to handle a bike by now...

Any money left over can be sent to me; I will gladly use it. :hammer

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for the feedback, my first bike was already all modified when I purchased it, and I really haven't kept up with what's new or the best in the market right now. Any ideas as to name brands for the exhaust and PCIII? I don't want to spend to much but I don't want the cheapest either. I really want to get rid of that rear fender!

The guy I'm buying the bike from is also giving me a Shoei Helmet, Yamaha Racing Jacket and Gloves so all I need are the pants and boots for riding gear.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Definately would be gettin some serious mods first. SS or kevlar Brake lines, steering damper, and I would get the suspension dialed in to your exact weight, pipe and PCIII, and that would probably take up your 2K and then some........

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
welcome man, glad you like the setup here :cheers

Any ideas as to name brands for the exhaust and PCIII?
exhaust- Wolf, Blue Flame, M4, Devil (best out there IMO)

PCIII would be made by dynojet. it will make all your mods worth while by gettin you the most power out of em. kinda like a jet kit for carbs :cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any suggestions as to where I can purchase these upgrades, so I can start figuring out how much I can get within my price range? I've beem looking around the different forums and keep hearing about "the can man", is that HAMMY (advertisement on the left)? I personally like the look of the Devil Exhaust (Carbon). I don't even know where to start for the PCIII, is that easy to install? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
If you want a Devil you might have to wait for it. I've been reading that they're all sorts of backed up on the midpipes for the highmounts and people have been waiting for up to a month to get them. But I'd wait to get one of those. SWEEEET. Just look around and do a little shopping and see who's got the best prices.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Dramatic_R6 said:
Any suggestions as to where I can purchase these upgrades, so I can start figuring out how much I can get within my price range? I've beem looking around the different forums and keep hearing about "the can man", is that HAMMY (advertisement on the left)? I personally like the look of the Devil Exhaust (Carbon). I don't even know where to start for the PCIII, is that easy to install? Thanks again.
Ya, contact hammy. he has good prices. You can also get in touch with Wolf here on the forum (he owns wolf racing) and ask him about prices. he always will work with you as well.

As for the PCIII, its plug and play. The unit itself usually gets mounted in the "trunk" and then you run the wiring along the frame and under the tank and plug it into the stock harness. directions are easy to follow. should be about 30-60 minutes if you take your time and are meticulous about things.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok cool! I went to HAMMY's site and it looks like he does hook people up with good prices. I guess my next question is regarding the "High Mount Exhaust". Can you still have a passenger ride with you, with out risking their leg being burned? Can you even still have the factory pegs on those high mounts? It seems like eveyone is getting them, so I'm just curious. I'm starting to like the way it looks compared to mid's.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
if you get a carbon fibre muffler she wont feel the heat nearly as much. even when the engines runnin you can hold your hand on em for as long as you want since it dissipates heat really really quick :cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very true completely forgot about that. Now I have yet another concern that I've been reading alot about, getting your heel on the pipes and leaving melted stuff on high mounts especially on the M4, is that the case for all high mounts?

Man I love this site more and more, very informative.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey did i miss something or did he say an 02' red r6......i have an 02' blue and it is carbed and needs jetting correct? if they make power commander for 02's let me know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts