Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am looking to buy a 2004 R6 for 3650. Is that a good price and i've VIN for it is it possible to check the service history with that.
Thanks for the help.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Hi All,
I am looking to buy a 2004 R6 for 3650. Is that a good price and i've VIN for it is it possible to check the service history with that.
Thanks for the help.
Price depends on mileage, condition, extras, etc. Without seeing it, its hard for us to say. As for the VIN, you can call the local police station with the VIN and they should be able to run a check on it.

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
Sounds about right.. I'm guessing close to 20k miles? Extras won't carry over into the sale price, so don't let the seller tell you "well this thing has a yoshi pipe and sprockets which were $500 total." That crap doesn't mean anything. If it's in good condition and runs fine, then I think that's a good price.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Thanks for the replies.Its around 15000 miles
how is the general condition of it? is it dirty, scratched, bald tires, etc? is the chain properly lubed and not kinked? Are the sprocket teeth hooked? are the brake pads toast? These are simple things to check, and simple to maintain. If these have been neglected, likely the rest of the bike's needs have been as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts