Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

My name is Jason and I just started riding almost two months ago on my brother in law's Cruiser and a month ago my wife got me (financed more like it) a 2005 Raven R6 as an early Xmas present.

It's BAD ASS and I"M LOVIN' IT!!!! In case your wondering, gthmnyt2580 = Gotham Knight 2/5/80....I'm a huge batman fan and I was hopin to get ideas to somewhat add a little Batman theme to my R6....any ideas?....Hope to get to know all of you better.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
welcome! This site rocks, so sit back and enjoy...and feel free to ask questions.

1st suggestion...lose the reflectors :hammer

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
aloha and welcome. for me i would say the first thing to do is get a set of frame sliders and maybe a steering damper. but of course like yoda stated "lose the reflectors".

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm losing the deflectors and putting on sliders and a damper in the next week or two....(still trying to recover from Xmas debt... :mrgreen: ....I'm also planning on putting clear alternatives brake lights and an slip on exhaust...i need sumptin loud for the L.A. traffic...any suggestions on sumptin loud and at a good price?...also any suggestions on how to put subtle hints of my love for batman on the bike?...the only thing i have right now is one of the "Etched Effects" batman decals on the windscreen and a rubber Batsymbol Keychain.....

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
If you want something that sounds good and is cheap and is loud. The only way to go is Jardine RT-One slip-on race baffle. Got mine for $220 from my dealership.

Congrats on the purchase, I want the black one so bad, but we all know blue is fastest.

I mean, What color do they paint the race bikes? :cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SMLMarine
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:17 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome.

Did you have to wait for the RAVEN?
I got lucky...My wife, bro in law, his girlfriend and i went to the yamaha dealer just to check out what 04's they were clearing out and a blue and a black 05 were just unloaded off the truck, and the two people who were originally supposed to get them weren't approved for financing which left the door open for us.... YEA! ...so that kicked ass...and sinced i'm a big batman fan...my bro in law took the blue one and i took the black one..(i think he just didnt want to have to pay extra for the color

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Welcome to the board, and watch out for the animals... they won't bite, but they will :hump your leg if you turn your back! - you've been warned! :mrgreen:

Now how to mod your bike.... if you need a can, see hammy (add to the left) looks like this:

As for the batman stuff..... there is a lot that could be done... i.e. repaint the headlight cowl to be the face of batman (headlight = eyes, mirror posts [not the mirrors themselves] = ears, intake - mouth - need a different grill to pull it off)... but that's what I just though of, and probably would look like :throwup if I tired to do something like that...

·
Registered
234 Posts
also lose the license bracket...but sweet ass bike...welcome

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on the Raven! But like some have said... you've gotta remove those reflectors and that hideous mudflap before you can get started. If all you want is a loud exhaust... I'm surprised no one has mentioned D&D... oh wait they're not loud, they're obnoxious. :mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts