Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a used R6 and wanted to know if there was anything to look for that I should avoid. I have been riding MX for about 5 years the knee injury is getting me out of it...I still need the rush though! I will have it looked at by a friend who rides and owns a shop...but didnt know if there was anything like recalls etc..thanks in advance...

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
What year you getting? The only things I can think of are the the 2nd gear problems with the first gen 99-02, and the ignition coils.

Hope that helps

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably a 99-01 I want to try it out first and dont want to spend alot of money at first. What are the 2nd gear problems? Are they recalled?

·
Registered
487 Posts
no sir, they have not been recalled and they won't.

don't let it get to ya though, especially if it is a first bike.
By the way, did i Mention my bike is FOR SALE?!?!

02 red/blck R6 in Illinois.....i know a worthless plug for myself but PM with any questions

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
dayton I will suggest to you what I have suggested to others if you have a good down payment your monthly payment will be very manageable. Buy an '05 now I wished I had waited a couple of months, oh well I guess that will happen every year.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i bought my 2004 r6 new in march, I put a 3,400 down payment and then got a $5,000 loan for 3 years... payments are 166 a month which is very managable. by the way my 2004 silver r6 is for sale. 2,400 miles, never down, fender eliminator. it is in the for sale section. Im asking 7,300 so denpending on how much you have check on a small loan for the rest if it is possible. fuel injected is much nicer than the 99-02 carborated..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts