Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never changed oil on a bike b4, how do i know if the oil is low or needs to be changed? is there a dipstick?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,254 Posts
There is on the 03-04. Not sure about the 99-02.
Directly under the oil filler cap, on the right side, there is a black plastic knob.
That's your dipstick.
 

·
Bacon is extra!
Joined
·
494 Posts
make sure the bike is straight up and down though. If it's on the side stand your reading will be messed up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Out of the topic but how accuate is the hondas visible oil level?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Not a dummy, just OBVIOUSLY new to riding!!! hahahaha-It's all good. We all had to learn at some point. :stupic
 

·
looking for more curves
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
Baby_Girl said:
Not a dummy, just OBVIOUSLY new to riding!!! hahahaha-It's all good. We all had to learn at some point. :stupic
damn straight! At least your worried about the things that you should be worried about!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
TexasR6 said:
There is on the 03-04. Not sure about the 99-02.
Directly under the oil filler cap, on the right side, there is a black plastic knob.
That's your dipstick.
yup same as 99-02 :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
krom said:
make sure the bike is straight up and down though. If it's on the side stand your reading will be messed up.
yea, make sure the byke is in the (straight) upright position before pulling the dipstick. Also the proper method for checking the level on the dipstick is to first unscrew it, clear it off, then put the stick in *WITHOUT* threading it in at all, checking level. That will give you an accurate level reading.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top