Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys and girls, just sayin hey. dont have a bike yet but im going to look at one this weekend and if all goes well ill be bringing her home with me. you guys have a great site here, and as a non-owner, its cool to see not many people here really rip on other bikes. its a very welcoming board. anyways, i was hoping some of you guys could give me some advice. Im going to be looking at a 2003 R6 with ~6k miles. the bike is worth ~6500 but has some minor damage to it (owners wife backed into it while it was in the driveway and it tipped over) i dont mind the scrapes since this will be my first bike and hes asking 5600 for it. i plan on paying in cash and the guy seems to be a good guy, nice and honest and i was wondering how much you think hed take in cash for the bike. i dont want to low ball him, but i would like to walk away knowing i atleast put up a fight. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sean

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Welcome to the site :wave

Are there any mods done to the bike? What color?

I would think anywhere between $5K and $5500 if it is in good shape, with some mods. Stock, with damage, depending on the damage, closer to $5K

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
aloha and welcome to this digital jungle.

i would start off with $5000 then maybe you guys could meet half way at $5300. it works good if you have the cash in hand and lay it on the table counting it. its seems to work for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies, the bike is silver/black and is 100% stock. i think i will bring 5k with me, then we could meet halfway at 5300. thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts