Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be ware....when you look up newbie in the dictionary, you will see my screen name, so please keep the flaming to a minimum, lol.

I just bought my first bike, an 05 R6, and I'm looking for an LED turnsignal kit. I want one of the two listed below, but I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, and I also don't know what kind of installation is required. Any info on the two kits, and tips about install would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically looking to remove the whole undertail assembly that holds the liscense plate and turn signals.

Here's the links.

http://www.tobefast.com/detail.aspx?ID=815

http://www.shopserv3.com/Merchant2/...=CA&Product_Code=CTL-0055-IT&Category_Code=R6

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
267 Posts
try the UFO lights from Hammy. there are some threads around here on them. i'm a satisfied customer of UFO lights. be aware that you have to do the installation yourself, its not plug and play. good luck.
ps tobefast.com is credible but i'm not familiar with that "Clear Alternatives" website.
:flame

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^ looks good. How easy are these to install? Anyone have a tutorial, or a how to on installation?

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
danrivito said:
^^^ looks good. How easy are these to install? Anyone have a tutorial, or a how to on installation?
Unbolt old one, disconnect harness. Attach yellow turn signal wires to positive stock ones, reattach harness and your done.

Very, very easy and looks great.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I still think that the UFO lights from Hammy are the way to go.

Personally, I don't like the look of the amber/red mixed. And I like that the UFO lights have about 15 different settings to choose from, as well as different settings for the brake light and running light.

Also, I think the UFO LED's are MUCH brighter.

For $159 shipped, it is the way to go. I will say that there is more to the installation than just plug and play tho.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
hahahaha...we don't flame here, us mods won't allow it.

House Rules:

NO

NO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts