Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2009 r6 with a fuel issue. The fuel pump doesn’t come on when I turn the key to on. I’ve removed tank and pump works when 12v is applied to it. Replaced fuel relay, still no power to fuel pump. I’ve checked all the fuses that I’m aware of. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Can we assume a crank but no start?
Have you eliminated the possibility that it's one of the interrupt safety switches? (Kill, Clutch, Neutral, Kickstand)

Look at the circuit diagram.
Manually trip the relay.
Still no power?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does turnover. The red kill switch works. U can here the new relay click when u turn the switch on and cycle. The bike is on the kickstand, it is in neutral and the neutral light is on and I turn the key on. Do I have to have the kickstand up in order for the fuel pump kick on? I thought I should be able to hear the pump I just turning the switch on as long as it was a neutral

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Haven't bothered to figure out what the pattern is, but mine doesn't always prime the pump before crank. As long as the neutral light is on, kickstand and clutch-lever position shouldn't matter. Besides that, I don't think it will even crank if the interrupt switches aren't set accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts