Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
09 R6-s
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride this park by where I live sometimes thats really curvy with the roads and it has no oncoming traffic because its just one lane (so i tear up the curves sometimes). I have not done any track days YET. so i have scrapped the ground with my pegs twice so far.. one time i almost lost it. Im having a hard time figuring out just what to do in those curves (with me or the bike) to keep it from happening. I know i am not going too fast because my friend with an R1 takes them just as fast and in some actually faster. so its something i am doing or not doing. :( any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,459 Posts
You're probably riding crossed up and or counter leaning.

Also, your suspension may not be set up correctly for your weight.

·
wat?
722 Posts
Body position, guaranteed. Have your friend on your R1 follow you and film you with a gopro.

Or better yet, sign up for a track day and stop riding so hard on the street... You'll learn a ton just on your first day.

·
09 R6-s
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see well track day wont happen until next year just because i just graduated and have a few things to set up financially. I dont ride the street hard. Only in that place because there is nothing around to kill me lol. I will however pay attention to that as well. Thank you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
did you take the pegs feelers off the bottom of your foot peg? is that what could have been scrubbing when you do lean the bike?

take it easy on the street, especially that one lane road. you never know what's around that next turn.

save your money and sign up for a trackday. like rhouck said, you'll learn a lot more at the track then you would ever learn on the street.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Track day dude! All your questions will be answered in one day at the track. No point in even trying to figure out how far you can lean on the street. When I used to street ride I would push the limits a little, but after being on the track and lowsiding twice and high siding once, I can tell you the track is the ONLY place where you want that to happen! I walked up from each crash perfectly fine and even my bike wasn't too bad. On the street there is no way you'll be that lucky if you go down. Honestly, the only way to know where the limit is, is when you lowside from carrying too much lean angle. Once that happens, you know! And your muscle memory will kick in to let you know you're at the limit. At least that's how I feel. Plus as you get more time on the bike, and you find the limit the tires will talk to you, but you have to find all that out in a controlled environment.

However, if you learn how to use your brakes and throttle, you can probably take that corner faster than your buddy without leaning the bike much at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts