Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newb when it comes to bikes and I have some questions regarding PCIII and maps. What are they and what function do they serve? I'm getting an 05 Raven R6 in the next few months and was wondering if I need to worry about these when I decide to purchase an aftermarket exhaust. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A PCIII is a device that adjusts the air fuel ratio of the bike.

If you install engine mods (full exhaust, air filter, velocity stacks, slide stops, etc) The bike will flow more air, and therefore need more fuel to keep the bike running properly. A map is the file that gets loaded onto the PC.

If you just want a Slip on you wont need a PC, but if you get a full system you will need one.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Ronin_R6 said:
A PCIII is a device that adjusts the air fuel ratio of the bike.

If you install engine mods (full exhaust, air filter, velocity stacks, slide stops, etc) The bike will flow more air, and therefore need more fuel to keep the bike running properly. A map is the file that gets loaded onto the PC.

If you just want a Slip on you wont need a PC, but if you get a full system you will need one.
exactly. you can tune it yourself or download maps from other people with similiar mods or have a custom map made just for your mods.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
take it to the dyno and get a acurate measurement of your map

1 - 4 of 4 Posts