Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo dudes,

Okay you probably saw my post a bit down there in the General forum saying "2 days till I get my R6", well guess what got the sucker tuesday night. I love it!!! im on cloud 9 it's the best thing that's happened to me. Wanna see a few "crappy quality" pics of my baby go here. Only had a digi cam to take them with and was in the basement where I work so no natural lighting.

http://www.montaroo.com/about/bike/bike.htm It's a 2004 silver flame R6

Anyway now ive set the scene here are my quesy's.

1. The dealer said I had a full tank of fuel when leaving the dealer (not sure if I should have believed him) but I just hit about 208kms (sorry im not a miles person im from australia) on the trip meter and the "F-trip" light odo came on and the fuel light. Now the fuel tank is 17.0Litres according to the manual and says the Fuel reserve amount comes on at 3.5litres.

Now question is how many kms/miles should I get to to the "F-trip" on average before I konk out of fuel? Also what do you find you guys get BEFORE the "F-trip" comes on.

2. Is it easy to pop a wheelie on these suckers if your not careful? or you actually have to "try hard" to do it.

3. What is the ideal "cruising" speed for general kinda riding. I find im doing 80kph in 4th gear @ 5,000rpm. Is that like too high for normal cruising speed? should I like hit 5th and drop it a bit or on the other hand is it to low (in the rpm range) e.g should I be in 3rd gear cruising at a bit higher rpm......im just scared that im making it work to hard at a cruising speed for such a long period of time or does it WANT to be at like 6,000/7,000 rpm ready to launch to the next century.

Hope you can help guys would be much appriciated as I want to treat this baby with the best possible care. I LOVE ITTTTTTTTT so much.

Cheers MoNtArOo

·
Registered
318 Posts
yo man phat bike!! I just picked mine up a week ago!! About the F-TRIP, you can get like 20-30 miles out of it but I would go much more than that... Also about the dealer saying it was full of gas and then after you leave notice its on E thats crap and happened to me to!! HAHA!! I went 30 miles and my F-Trip came on, I was pissed!! But yeah good luck, and Im not exactly sure how many miles you get out of a full tank. Some of the other guys on here should be able to help you out with that though... good luck and ride safe!

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
i know if i was to push it i could get about 30 out of the f-trip. but i dont really ever push it i just stop cause it only takes a couple minutes to fill up. as far as cruisin rpm's i usually stick around 5500 to 7000. two reasons for it. one my exhaust is a little quiter at that rpm and two i know im inthe range to be able to hit the throttle to get out of a situation if need be. :cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm in metric too so I can help you. You'll get about 20-40km depending on how you're riding once the light comes on. (Rough estimate, but I know I get 30km for sure I've done it).

I cruise at around 6,000rpm to keep engine noise down.

As far as wheelies. It all depends on how you're doing it. ie. clutch or power. It'll go up either way. Takes some skill for power wheelies but it all depends on where you are in the power band.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Question 1. I've got 30km with the fuel light on & I still had some fuel left in the tank.

Question 2. You can get the front up in first by cutting the throttle & then giving it a bit but for second gear & up you'll need to either bounce it up or clutch it.

Question 3. I usually criuse around in the 5-6k rev range if that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.