Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just want to start out by saying my name is Ben and this is my first post here.

I am a newbie to working on bikes but I am one who would rather take their time with something and learn along the way instead of getting fisted at a shop!

So let me give you a quick break down. My bike was riding pretty good, was ripping on it nicely when all of a sudden I lost all feeling in my clutch lever, and the bike slowed to a hault and hasn't made any power since. Bike still runs.. just no power getting transfered to the drivetrain. Bike also rolls in gear.

So I removed the clutch cover and sure enough with the bike in gear, rolling it back and forth I see that the outer pressure plate(?) is super unevenly worn and there are gaps all in there, so I think its safe to say that is the problem.

Anyways... Whats currently in there is a slipper clutch, and I am having a hard time removing it.

I have removed all the hex hardware from the face of it but it doesnt seem to want to come out.. what am I missing?

Here is pic of current clutch in there.

Anyways I have a complete parts 2003 r6 motor that seems to have a good clutch still in it.. I should be able to remove that no problem as it seems straight forward..

Just having troubles removing the slipper clutch thats currently in my bike!

Please help,

thanks guys!:toocool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the STM slipper clutch thats currently in there, it appears to me there is a really large nut in the center of it all I believe I may need a special tool to get it off?

Does that sound right? If so what tool?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.