Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys/girls, I just bought a used 2006 R6 raven and I have a few questions. Also just so everyone is aware, this is my first bike ever so these might be some silly questions. First off I noticed that when I engage the clutch and kick down the bike into first gear when standing still it kind of bucks/inches forward even with the clutch fully depressed (disengaged). Is that normal or is there something wrong with my R6? Also once the bike is in first gear, still with the clutch fully depressed, when I roll it back and forth I notice there is more friction then there would be when the bike is in neutral, almost seems like the clutch is not fully disengaging and is remaining slightly in the friction zone. Last but not least I am also having trouble switching to second gear when the bike is standing still, I haven’t tried it on the move because it’s not yet insured and I don’t have much space on my driveway. If you can please comment on my issues and inform me if they are standard or not and what I can do to resolve them is in fact a problem does exist. Thanks a bunch.
Thanks,
Sebastian

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
the bike is fine. the transmission needs to be moving 2 properly engage the next gear so shifting thru the gears at a standstill is useless. the first gear 'clunk' is normal as well

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Alls seems about normal. There is a clutch cable that u can adjust to make the clutch tighten or have more play to it as well. Should be located to the right of your clutch. Its like a little circular knob thingy lol Try that... maybe that help ya out a bit. As for the 2nd gear while still not moving.... all your gears will feel awkward gettin into without actaully riding lol But be carefull dude... an if ya stall it a bunch of times on your first ride... its ok. At least its not upside down an busted from givin it too much.

Ride safe, and congrats on the bike, Post some pics of your 6 too meng!! lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts