Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
gxsr killer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 02 R6. I want to change the front forks to inverted ones. I have heard that ones off a 00 r1 would work. Anyone know if this is true and what all do I need? Thanks. Curt

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Hello and welcome :wave

Im with Chief, its a safe bet youll need a complete front end to be able to do the swap, there might be some of your stock parts that will still be usable, but for the most part, youre looking at a complete swap.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out...

·
gxsr killer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the info. I love my 02 R6 but can stand the look of the non-inverted forks.

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the info. I love my 02 R6 but can stand the look of the non-inverted forks.
welcome! i posted a similar thread about changing my 04 to inverted. im with you on the looks side of things, but from what i learned, it wouldnt be too cost efficient or worth the hassle.

good luck with it though and if you do decide to go for it, let us know how it turns out

·
Naarden Sportbike Store
257 Posts
welcome! i posted a similar thread about changing my 04 to inverted. im with you on the looks side of things, but from what i learned, it wouldnt be too cost efficient or worth the hassle.

good luck with it though and if you do decide to go for it, let us know how it turns out
How isnt it cost effective on an 04? I did it and really didnt cost that much to do at all. You can use the same front wheel, and its not like you cant sell the stuff you take off the bike. i maybe have $200 into my complete front end after selling the old stuff off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts