Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The road hurts...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been on this forum for a couple days, and I skipped the whole intro thing, but i'm here to make up for it, haha. I own a 2006 raven R6s with a few slight mods. I lost it about a week ago trying to learn wheelies, so the bike is in re-build status now. I got injured (broken collar bone, broken toe, and lots of road rash) but i'll be getting right back on once I heal. The forums look pretty chill here, so I plan on sticking around for a while.

I've been into the modified car scene for about 9 years now, and always wanted a sport bike (R6 and Ninja 636 were my favorites) but never really had the balls to actually get one. I had a good opportunity come my way with this R6s so I decided to give it a try. I've been in love with it ever since. Its helped get me in trouble a few times, and being a newbie got me injured, but i'm a firm believer in dusting off and trying again, haha.

I unfortunately never really took any good pictures of the bike before I wrecked, so I will start taking pictures and updating as the rebuild progresses.

-tenchu

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Hello and welcome :wave

Glad your wreck wasnt too bad...did you loop it? How fast?

·
The road hurts...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello and welcome :wave

Glad your wreck wasnt too bad...did you loop it? How fast?
I keep hearing (well, reading) about 'looping' is this basically where you go to high, and get thrown off the back, lmao, because thats what happened to me.

Man...forget wheelies. Learn to go fast...on the road track! :nocontrol
I plan on getting into that next summer. I already road track race my cars, so its only fair to bring the bike out to play!

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
I keep hearing (well, reading) about 'looping' is this basically where you go to high, and get thrown off the back, lmao, because thats what happened to me.

I plan on getting into that next summer. I already road track race my cars, so its only fair to bring the bike out to play!
Hells yeah, man...get that bish sideways!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

Sorry to hear you dumped your bike soo soon! Pick yourself back up and keep riding!

·
The road hurts...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Sorry to hear you dumped your bike soo soon! Pick yourself back up and keep riding!
I got a good 5,000 miles on the bike before I dumped, I just tried to learn too much too fast. I'll be back on it as soon as my bones heal!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts