1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Custom User Title
696 Posts
Like who? Hayden is great. His bike manufacture sucked. They screwed him over. He will be great with Ducati.
Hayden is mediocre. His is a mid-packer, and he will still be a mid-packer on the Ducati. I would have really liked to see Hopkins, Spies, or Lorenzo ride a Duc. All 3 are better than Hayden, and all 3 deserve a top level machine.

As for Honda sucking, Pedrosa seems to be doing just fine with his. Why? Because he's better. Plain and simple.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
:toocool: That is great news! Here's hoping all goes well for Hayden, it would be nice to see him competitive again. Now if only Colin Edwards could get a win...

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
I dont see it getting better for him, who ever has tried to ride the ducati has pretty much gone backwards with the exception of tony elias last race and capirex was ok last year on it. He'll probably fail at the ducati just as bad as marco melandri did and marco is a great rider

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hayden is mediocre. His is a mid-packer, and he will still be a mid-packer on the Ducati. I would have really liked to see Hopkins, Spies, or Lorenzo ride a Duc. All 3 are better than Hayden, and all 3 deserve a top level machine.

As for Honda sucking, Pedrosa seems to be doing just fine with his. Why? Because he's better. Plain and simple.
Pedrosa was doing better because he had the better bike if memory serves correctly. All 3 riders that you pointed out are under contract still no? And I highly doubt Suzuki would let a talented guy like Spies go to someone other then Suzuki.

Lorenzo crashes to damn much to be considered "better"

·
Registered
767 Posts
I've always wished Rossi would ride a Duc. There would be no reason for anyone else to even show up to the track.
After he started thinking about leaving honda in 03 his first option was ducati. He went and toured the factory and everything, and decided that they had the same mentality that made him want to leave honda. Yamaha freed him :toocool:

And as for the main subject, hayden going to ducati, :scared i'd really like to see him do good with them. Man, motogp is always exciting :D

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm not the biggest nicky hayden fan or anything, but the bike was made specifically for pedrosa. Hayden does the testing, and pedrosa does the winning, for the most part. And hayden still rides great, but the bike just doesn't do what he wants, it seems. Not taking anything away from pedrosa, but with a bike that's custom-fitted to him, he ought to be winning the championship, but he's having his problems. I mean, who would expect melandri to consistently run at the back of the pack on the desmo? Great rider who isn't compatible with his machinery.

On a side note, anyone remember how skeptical everyone was about rossi switching to bridgestones at the beginning of the year? :nocontrol:nocontrol:nocontrol

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts

His 2006 championship would beg to differ. :fact

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
see what happens when you come out on MTV CRIBS, you fcuk up your career.

well ducati is a step up from honda, but it seems like ever since that mtv episode, the dude hasnt won many races.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Nicky is a great rider his style has always tended to be more towards a bike that moves under him and he always did better on the 990cc machines where he has been quoted as saying "ride the wiggle" in reference to the bike sliding and moving under him.

When moto gp changed to the 800 cc machines that they are running now the Honda has been designed and setup around Pedrosa. Nicky gets handed the bike that is set up for pedrosa and not for him which is what he was used to when he was the moto gp champion. This season Hayden and Pedrosa have been running two different motors all season as honda has been trying to develop the engine and Hayden has been given second rate equipment compared to Pedrosa this season.

Hayden is going to get his wish and finally get to run the bridgestones which have been the superior tire for these last two seasons.

Nicky should do much better next year at Ducati because the bike fits more of his riding style and Ducati has a completely different approach to racing than honda does. He will also not be running the inferior Michelin tires and will have the the tires that the two fastest people in the field are running.

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
Guess we will see next year how good he is with a good bike. He did fine when he was in the SS series.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts