Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 r6....my buddie just got an 05 636. he has not had it out yet...as it is cold as **** here...but wondering if anyone has any experience with performance differences between the two. (other than displacement & undertail exhaust..)

board, cold and waiting for the riding season....chuck

In the immortail words of Penfold...

"Now I am going to go beat my dick like it owes me money"

-I nearly pissed myself the first time he messaged that!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've rode my friends '05 636 compared to my '01 i like the feal a little better. Dislikes about the 636 is i couldn't see the tach or the speedo because the windscreen was in the way ( you have to look down through the sceen to view it) Otherwise the power almost felt the same as my bike(mine is geared -1+3) so it felt pretty quick. I haven't yet got to take it out into the twisties but i have a fealing it will do well.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Alls I know is, for me, personally, those extra 36 or wahtever ccs would make the insurance company beat my wallet like it owes them money

·
Registered
112 Posts
Drooder said:
Alls I know is, for me, personally, those extra 36 or wahtever ccs would make the insurance company beat my wallet like it owes them money

:laugh

The 636 is :moon ugly IMO, and I can't stand the gauges. It has a bit more power and I think it will win the votes of the bike mags for best 600 in 05. The 05 R6 has a tad bit stronger engine than last years so we will see who will win the supersport title this year.

·
Registered
302 Posts
IMO-In My Oponion, don't feel like an ass to ask the questions, everyones been there.

IMO, the 636 is a good bike, I just cant see me turning away from the tuning forks anytime soon. But they say the 36cc's does make a difference...... :poke

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
The Kwak ZX-6RR is the only I-4 bike I would even consider giving up the my '04 R6 for.

Came real close yesterday to trading it in for a Raven, but after trade-in and shit, I would have been into a '05 R6 for $11,000, but it was still damn hard to say no.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
little slow on the uptake here Maniac..so bare with me.....

-just noticed your tagline.." ". from better off dead...that was some funny shit!!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
ckmerc said:
little slow on the uptake here Maniac..so bare with me.....

-just noticed your tagline.." ". from better off dead...that was some funny shit!!
One of my fav lines from a fuggin' hilarious movie. :boob

I figured the Howard Cosell impersonation would have lost some effect.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My buddy got a 636 last year, not a bad bike. If you are to compare the two I would stick w/my R6. It wasn't like the extra cc was blowing me out of the water. When ever we messed around (seeing who is the fastest off the light) I beat him 90% of the time, not because of the bike but experience. Well then again it's probably cause it was a kawi :hammer :cheers

·
Registered
728 Posts
My cousin has a '04 636. The comparison is VERY evident. The 636 feels "heavy" going into/out of corners compared to the R6. The 636's tach is horrible, especially when the sun hits it. The design is mediocre at best. I really couldn't tell that the extra 36cc's were there when I mashed it.

The only pro about the bike is that they come with a seat cowl lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Buddy of mines has a 04 636 we took on autovon and I pulled away from him pretty easy with my 03 R6. (Blue truly is faster)

·
Registered
118 Posts
What about if your bike has silver / blue / and black? I mean siolver is fast blue is fast and black is fast. Guess I have the fastest. HAHA Plus it has flames.

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
I don't know how I missed this one. I have an 04 636, Traffic cone as yoda likes to call it.

In all the tests the 636 was #1 with a prof. rider. you can put two people on the same bike and it will be different every time. You say my friend has one, maybe your friend can't ride as good as you do. The 636 does have more power, but with some one that does not now how to ride, it would not matter if they were on a 636, or R1. you could beat then on a R6 :flame :FU

·
Registered
587 Posts
Stick with the six hommie, dont sacrafice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts