Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to get a pair of riding boots to have when i ride around town and the local twisites. all i got now is a pair of overused hiking boots and they wont last more than a few more weeks. i went to a cycle shop and they had a pair of Nitro Metro boots. there velcro only/toe guard and really cheap at $34.00

is this a decent boot? its leather with a hard plastic side near the ankle bone. i was looking at the alpinestars one-o-one boot or the smx-1 boot. these are the first boots i've ever bought for the bike so i dont really know whats what when it comes to gettin one. are the nitro's good or do i need to shell out the extra 50 bucks and get a pair of one-o-one's for $110. +tax?

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
I bought a pair of Nitros a long time ago and I would suggest staying well away. They are sorely lacking in quality........They are the "Diet Coke" of riding boots. The problem with buying cheap bike stuff, is that in time, you'll end up with a whole lot of cheap stuff kickin around that you'll never use. You are so much better off buying quality right off the bat, even if it means saving for a while or pushing the budget. Trust me, I learned this lesson nearly 2 decades ago and have a pile of shitty stuff to prove it.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i guess as long as it has ankle support it should be good...but then agian nitro boots are made from Vega....your 59.00 helmet.
so if you trust your head with a vega helmet, you should trust your foot with a vega boot.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
eddy's r6 said:
I bought a pair of Nitros a long time ago and I would suggest staying well away. They are sorely lacking in quality........They are the "Diet Coke" of riding boots. The problem with buying cheap bike stuff, is that in time, you'll end up with a whole lot of cheap stuff kickin around that you'll never use. You are so much better off buying quality right off the bat, even if it means saving for a while or pushing the budget. Trust me, I learned this lesson nearly 2 decades ago and have a pile of shitty stuff to prove it.
Seconded. I only buy quality stuff. Besides, your safety is on the line, don't skimp out on safety gear. Now it is possible to buy quality stuff for cheap, you just gotta do some research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts