Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get on it
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried the nitro x fuel control device? they have them on ebay. pretty cheap. i am tempted to buy one and try it. just wanted to know if anyone else has tryed it and how you liked it if so.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
is this it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RACING-POWER-CHIP-YAMAHA-YZF-R1-R6-FAZER-1000-600-FZ6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35597QQihZ011QQitemZ320238505376QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

it seems like a cheap / chinsy PCIII with out any of the features. its about the 1/5 of the cost of a pciii off of eaby. i would save the $50 and go with a power commander III usb.

if you got $50 to waist, maybe it will do something. they say "GAIN UP TO 15 - 20% MORE BHP " and "GAIN UP TO 20 BHP WITH THIS UNIQUE PROGRAMMABLE TUNING UNIT "

it will not give you any where near 20 horse nor will it be as good as a pciii. i have never used these i could be totaly wronge, just imo

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Will using NOS burn out your motor....
you will need a power commander or other means of richening fuel mixture when running nitrous, a 20 hp shot should be fine.

·
Get on it
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know it will not create the 20% horsepower claim. i was just wondering if they do a descent job. i am probally going to buy a bazzaz setup with the program switch and all. i just thought about trying it to see what it will do.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i know it will not create the 20% horsepower claim. i was just wondering if they do a descent job. i am probally going to buy a bazzaz setup with the program switch and all. i just thought about trying it to see what it will do.
hey its worth a shot if they were completely ripping people off they would be out of business, check their feedback see if any one is bragging about their product.

if you do get it i'm interested to see if it did anything. let us now. G/L

the bazzaz looks sweet, i personaly would still stick with power commander.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Tweaking the A/F ratio and adjusting the timing build HP. Just because the unit does that and the bike performs better doesn't mean that it's not shortening the lifespan of the engine. IMO the thing would work....for a while but I don't think it would be good for the motor in the long run. Remember you get what you pay for.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Can carb bike run that type of setup...
the only way to change or tune the A/F on a carb bike is by rejetting it. you need a jet kit. power commander sells them for about $125.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
the only way to change or tune the A/F on a carb bike is by rejetting it. you need a jet kit. power commander sells them for about $125.QUOTE]

I have these parts already installed

BMC Racing FIlter , Ignition Advancer, Stage 1 Dyno Jet Kit, and GYTR Slipon.

Thinkning about putting Factory Pro Vstacks...

What else do I needed?

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
the only way to change or tune the A/F on a carb bike is by rejetting it. you need a jet kit. power commander sells them for about $125.QUOTE]

I have these parts already installed

BMC Racing FIlter , Ignition Advancer, Stage 1 Dyno Jet Kit, and GYTR Slipon.

Thinkning about putting Factory Pro Vstacks...

What else do I needed?
i would say yes to the v-stax. i still need to get my ignition advancer. did you notice a differance with it?

you could do a full exhaust........

and as far as the nitro x fuel management if still say PCIII. but i you do buy this thing let us know how great it is or how bad it sucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts