Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ride or Die
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo..as you all know i have nitrous on my bike..been doing alot of testing..i am currently running a 44 dry shot on stock internals..havnt had any probs yet. i know my motor wont last as long. but everyone says you cant do it.made good numbers wiht my current set up

·
SiR6alot
592 Posts
That's awesome man, congrats, I'm really curious to see what you put down at the track. Running nitrous is all about getting the tune spot on. and just for the record i never said you "couldn't" do it however i did say I "wouldn't" do it haha i hope it works well for you.

·
Ride or Die
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea..im curious also to see how long she holds up. my tuner is really good so im not worried about it..next year hoping to make a killer set up

·
Ride or Die
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with the numbers i made..shud be about 2-3thenths faster than last year

·
Registered
181 Posts
So how much power total are you making now? I believe it will hold up fine until you detonate it, but if you have a guy tuning it who knows what he's doing you will be fine for a good while.

·
Bleed#Yamaha
161 Posts
Do you have any type of nitrous controller or are you strictly using it for the track. are you using a PCIII or a bazzazz with switchable maps? The reason I ask is I have an 08 that I was thinking about injecting but have a zx14 for strictly track use and we have nitrous controllers, switchable maps and the works. It makes me nervous doing it to the 6 without having that security!

·
Ride or Die
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a map just for the bottle i have a PC and no controller..the way i have my nozzles facing delays the full effect for a split second before it fogs the box

1 - 13 of 13 Posts