Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's official, the land for NJMP Field of Dreams has been purchased and construction is to begin shortly.

As of now there are plans for multiple mx tracks, trails, and even a straight rhythm section!!!

I'm so getting a dirtbike now!

check out there website at http://njmpfod.com/ which even has pricing for membership and daily cost.

·
I have 2 belly buttons.
1,951 Posts
That's sick man. Looks like I need to move closer. I've been debating getting a dirtbike for a few months now. Need a trailer first though.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
May have to drag my ass down there NYST maybe in trouble. :nono

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
nyst is in trouble, just get yourself a 250... that place needs major work on runoff and safety too.
Trust me I've tested the run off. People were amazed I could walk let alone pick up a bike.:flex:
But seriously never crash there. :bowroll

·
Registered
287 Posts
do you guys in that area not have dirt bike tracks near you?

in my area, say within an hour any direction there are 10+ MX tracks, MX parks, old timers MX tracks, vintage MX tracks.. you name it. maybe that's because im in the prairies though.

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trust me I've tested the run off. People were amazed I could walk let alone pick up a bike.:flex:
But seriously never crash there. :bowroll
yea I tested it as well, had a mechanical issue while riding and once i slowed down i pulled off the track, the first few feet were ok, but after that i could barely push the bike any further from the track. Dude (coach wearing a yellow bib) crashed in the session cause he said i startled him when he saw me on the side of track, making him low side and his bike nearly got totaled after flipping a few times and landing next to a tree. I would have walked further off the track with the bike if possible but it's not easy with mountainous terrain. Also the coach with the yellow bib commented saying he was going for the lap record and was on the limit. One of the few reasons i will not ride with Team Pro Motion. Coaches should be helping fellow riders out especially when wearing a yellow bib, not shooting for the track record thinking your the next Marquez.

sorry for the rant but that whole situation/day still pisses me off beyond belief. I will say it is a really fun track layout at NYST.

do you guys in that area not have dirt bike tracks near you?

in my area, say within an hour any direction there are 10+ MX tracks, MX parks, old timers MX tracks, vintage MX tracks.. you name it. maybe that's because im in the prairies though.
There is englishtown but that is an hour or more from me and only has mx tracks, no trails. Plus, being close to njmp this will make 1 day riding wekeends into 2 days of riding like roger said. I have very little experience on dirt and would like to start on trails.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
yea I tested it as well,
I Remember you coming up here now, I would have sown up to say "yo" but I was stuck at the job. :nono

had a mechanical issue while riding and once i slowed down i pulled off the track, the first few feet were ok, but after that i could barely push the bike any further from the track. Dude (coach wearing a yellow bib) crashed in the session cause he said i startled him when he saw me on the side of track, making him low side and his bike nearly got totaled after flipping a few times and landing next to a tree. I would have walked further off the track with the bike if possible but it's not easy with mountainous terrain. Also the coach with the yellow bib commented saying he was going for the lap record and was on the limit. One of the few reasons i will not ride with Team Pro Motion. Coaches should be helping fellow riders out especially when wearing a yellow bib, not shooting for the track record thinking your the next Marquez.

sorry for the rant but that whole situation/day still pisses me off beyond belief. I will say it is a really fun track layout at NYST.

I had a similar bad experience with TPM....even took an over priced class under TPM teachers. The only one I will say is a good teacher is the female rider on the 675. She was legit, helpful, totally professional. Can't say the same for others. Which lead me to NESBA, too bad they went down. Maybe I'll check N2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts