Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just watching the AMA @ NJMP. I've never been to that track, but it looks narrow, and the rumble strips aren't wide or long enough. I keep seeing these guys run into the dirt coming off a corner. Guess I'm just used to seeing how well made and kept the tracks in Europe that WSBK and MotoGP race in.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Was just watching the AMA @ NJMP. I've never been to that track, but it looks narrow, and the rumble strips aren't wide or long enough. I keep seeing these guys run into the dirt coming off a corner. Guess I'm just used to seeing how well made and kept the tracks in Europe that WSBK and MotoGP race in.
Yep, NJMP isn't made for the FIM compliancy. AMA is as good as it will get at their tracks. Always wonder why you hear of new tracks being built but they are never good enough to have MotoGP or F1. My guess would be the amount of money it would take to do it right, while they are nice tracks they aren't any where near what most of the tracks are in other countries.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
You should see the cars make passes on the track lol. It's actually wider than it looks, here's the front straight.

I was at the AMA race though and there were a lot of guys using every bit of the track, and then some.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
NJMP isn't bad IMO> It's fairly new and it seems very well maintained to other tracks I have seen online.

I've only been to NJMP so I can't compare really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts