Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why isnt there a sticky yet for this?
is everyone getting a full slip on or just not gutting the cat?
Im looking for some info and pics on a 06 cat gut. please help before i get cut crazy

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have any information on this task? i tried the search but i didnt see much- am I missing something?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't think theres such thing as a full slip on. Your choices are either: slip on, slip on and a mid pipe, or a full system.

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think theres such thing as a full slip on. Your choices are either: slip on, slip on and a mid pipe, or a full system.
yes your right my mistake - i meant full system not full slip on.
but why are people buying a mid when they can just gut for free?

the cheapest thing to do is gut and baffle the stock pipe for $150 and its about the same performance as a full system saving about a $1000.

i reallly dont know much aabout the 06s so im trying to figure it out. i know this is true on other bikes

·
Registered
107 Posts
I dont know about everone else but I want a slip on to a mid pipe set up for 3 reasons. I want a slip on for looks, a mid pipe because I would much rather spend the money than take the time and b.s. to gut the cat, and last like you said its cheaper than a full system.

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know about everone else but I want a slip on to a mid pipe set up for 3 reasons. I want a slip on for looks, a mid pipe because I would much rather spend the money than take the time and b.s. to gut the cat, and last like you said its cheaper than a full system.
exactly! i hear ya all the way. i just gutted my 07 R1 cats and welded it up - it took about 30 min to gut , 30 weld and sand , 5 paint so little over an hour to save what ever that t tuner thing cost. i havent seen the 06 yet so im not sure itd work out the same way as the r1. im starting to notice its maybe in the shape of a big box underneath. anyone have pics of the stock mid?

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhh now i get it- that thing has to go no gutting involved. what a mess. looks like cut and fab. does this guy still make these headers?
[/IMG]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts