Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys have u heard any horror stories about no-cuts when they are put to the test cause i just bought some for my 07

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have Shogun cuts, but have not installed them yet. I had no cuts before and they schattered when my bike fell over. Not laid down moving, just dropped over in my driveway.

·
Watch out, I'm riding!
378 Posts
I have the Shogun no-cuts, and my bike's been dropped on both sides, left at almost no speed, right at about 25 mph. Held up -perfectly-. Minor, minor, minor damage to the bike in both cases.

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
I have heard horror storys, yes. But I have never seen, nor met anyone who can confirm these storys. I told this to someone just recently. Last year at the track, I watched my buddy Chris low side his 06 R6 right in front of me. It was fairly hard and on the left side, which of course, is the side with the extention bracket. The puck did it's job and was worn right down, and the bracket was slightly bent and had to be replaced, but the frame remained undamaged. This is the primary function of the frame "slider".
This is not to say that some of the storys aren't true. Given the right conditions all sorts of danage can happen. This is just my own experience which has given my enough faith in them to put them on my own bike.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i get to see the aftermath of alot of motorcycle crashes with all the G.I.'s that live around here i see the no-cuts broken all the time rarely ever see cut sliders broken i was pretty amazed at some of the big chunks of metal that get ripped apart even at low speeds <20mph

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went down last weekend. My No-Cut bent completely over and the whole side of the bike was trashed at 10mph. :mad: Going to cut the fairings this time for sure!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts