Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
STUGOTS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I can't find a leo system anywhere so, in the meantime, and to save some cash, I'm debating to order mjs headers or the m4 street slayer that comes with the mid pipe. I have a gytr slip on and power commander has a map for the mjs and gytr but none for the m4. What would I do if I did get the m4? Which one would be the better?
Also I gotta get in touch with chief to hook up my ecu. Everyone I know says it's the best mod they have done

thanks for the help everyone!

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Buy a used Leo.

·
#KeepPounding
1,726 Posts
Graves or Akra...better to pony up and get one of the better full systems....
This.

Jesus bro, both of these systems are just as good as Leo Vince and I have their Factory R system on my 07. Go with one of these guys instead of some cobbled together crap.

If you're that set on Leo, I'll let you have mine and you buy me a full Graves. :fact

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts
pretty sure the akra stainless race system is like $1300 all day everyday.

Problem with buying a used Akra system is most dumbasses have completely crushed the exhaust collars from gorilla torquing them.
Or lost the springs

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
i would not waste money on TI systems though.. just go s.steel. Will last longer, and cost less, and be more durable. If you can hold out for leoV, do so. But Acro or Graves would be next choice.

·
Parts Pimp
26,370 Posts
So, I can't find a leo system anywhere so, in the meantime, and to save some cash, I'm debating to order mjs headers or the m4 street slayer that comes with the mid pipe. I have a gytr slip on and power commander has a map for the mjs and gytr but none for the m4. What would I do if I did get the m4? Which one would be the better?
Also I gotta get in touch with chief to hook up my ecu. Everyone I know says it's the best mod they have done

thanks for the help everyone!
Do the Y pipe and run the OEM slip on with the exup connected. That's the best setup for a cheap Y pipe solution.

I can break you off a good map and flash for that setup that straight up RIPS. 2nd gear power wheelies on the last 08+ I setup with that flash and setup. It works really well. You get more flow, less weight and the sound, but won't forfeit the bottom end and midrange power a traditional Y pipe and slip on setup has.

-Ant

·
STUGOTS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would not waste money on TI systems though.. just go s.steel. Will last longer, and cost less, and be more durable. If you can hold out for leoV, do so. But Acro or Graves would be next choice.
I 100% agree with going for the ss. I just can't justify the cost of TI!, although it would be sick!
Anyone know of any Leo full systems for sale, or Akra or graves
Or even Yoshimura? Also, what do you think about Arrow?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I 100% agree with going for the ss. I just can't justify the cost of TI!, although it would be sick!
Anyone know of any Leo full systems for sale, or Akra or graves
Or even Yoshimura? Also, what do you think about Arrow?
Thanks!!
I am leaning towards an Arrow system for my '11. My last bike had an Arrow slip on and it was very nice build quality and sound/performance wise. Plus it is sometimes nice to have something that everyone else does not have.

·
iRun
33,226 Posts
Arrow makes good stuff!

I'd go OEM headers from a 2nd gen, but that's just me. Hella cheap too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.