Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I Ride Yamamaha R6
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got busted today for not having my lisences on my and not having insurance. Can anyone in Cali let me know what I'm in for. I figure a small fine for not carring my permit, it's the no insurance I'm worried about. So I know its happened before, what is the penalty, Am I going to loss my permit/lisence for the bike or car also?
HELP Please!

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Hopefully you have insurance on your bike and just forgot you card :dunce:

Not having insurance on a bike is a horrible idea. If you go down and are hurt you will have hundreds of thousands of dollars to account for. If you have both bring them to court and the judge will dismiss the case. If not you are looking at a nice fine and depending on how fast you were speeding with no insurance they may suspend your license. I hope its not the latter! Good luck!

·
I Ride Yamamaha R6
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was not speeding, I was doin' everything perfect. The only reason tha cop had to pull me over was because the year tag on my bike if a bit faded and its hard to see the year. It is current and the tag is the correct color (orange). I do not have insurance on my bike ( I know I deserve what I get).

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
You will probably just have to pay a fine. I don't think they will take your license away. Just at least get some insurance. If you go down without insurance you will regret it for a long time. Your fault or not.

·
Registered
405 Posts
same here, I don't have insurance yet.
What are good and cheap insurance? I have checked many insurnace, and they all cost a fortune. Maybe if i just do liability, it will be better.

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
hey just get insureance on it... if u show up court with the card they will throw it out.... thats what happend to my freind when he got caught in his car. just say some bullshit like you were on the way to get it...

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
hey just get insureance on it... if u show up court with the card they will throw it out.... thats what happend to my freind when he got caught in his car. just say some bullshit like you were on the way to get it...
I would perhaps skip the advice given by Mr. Balls on the Chin here.

16028(a) CVC is usually written as non-correctable. If you got a cop in a good mood then maybe he checked the correctable box. Either way, at some point, your gonna have to insure the bike. If it's marked correctable, then get your insurance info, skip to your nearest peace officer and get it signed off, send in your $10.00 and your good to go.

If it's not correctable, go get your insurance squared away, then when you go to court, the judge will ask if you've got it taken care of. If you have, then it's usually the same $10.00 fee.

Now, if you don't have the insurance fixed--or you get caught trying to purger yourself, then you get what you deserve--a fine (Size large) and a slap on the ass by a bald midget.

Either way---pay your fine or go to court. It kills me to see people skip court on an infraction, and it turns into a warrant.

Hope this helps, if not, it's because I touched myself till "it" went numb--but that's a whole other thread.

T1

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
I would perhaps skip the advice given by Mr. Balls on the Chin here.

16028(a) CVC is usually written as non-correctable. If you got a cop in a good mood then maybe he checked the correctable box. Either way, at some point, your gonna have to insure the bike. If it's marked correctable, then get your insurance info, skip to your nearest peace officer and get it signed off, send in your $10.00 and your good to go.

If it's not correctable, go get your insurance squared away, then when you go to court, the judge will ask if you've got it taken care of. If you have, then it's usually the same $10.00 fee.

Now, if you don't have the insurance fixed--or you get caught trying to purger yourself, then you get what you deserve--a fine (Size large) and a slap on the ass by a bald midget.

Either way---pay your fine or go to court. It kills me to see people skip court on an infraction, and it turns into a warrant.

Hope this helps, if not, it's because I touched myself till "it" went numb--but that's a whole other thread.

T1

and like i said mr fuzz.... get insurance and go to court... besides shouldnt you be pursuing your next doughnut shop heist or finding ways to keep the black man down?

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
and like i said mr fuzz.... get insurance and go to court... besides shouldnt you be pursuing your next doughnut shop heist or finding ways to keep the black man down?

Oh snap!!! you totally burned me!!!! Daaaaaaaaaaaang...hella hardcore with the comebacks!!!

But I like where your heads at---yes, donuts are good (great if they have icing) but i've found that I have a full 40-60 hours a week to plan for their acquisition and consumption, but you may be on to something--preplanning is never a bad idea.

And as for me keeping the black man down, they seem to do fine on their own, without any of my assistance. But again, I appreciate your forethought my racially motivated adversary.

(insert icon of me slapping you across the face with my limp cock)

T1

·
I Ride Yamamaha R6
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys Now put your gats away, set your 40's and coffee down and shake hands.

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys Now put your gats away, set your 40's and coffee down and shake hands.
Hey, I have no problem with the guy, I'm willing to let him shake my ball sack, with his mouth.

t1

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
I know I am late but like most of the smart folks say - Get insurance before you goto the court room. Should have told the policeman you couldnt find it....

·
I Ride Yamamaha R6
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay now I got it all takin' care of.
The no permit portion was $258.00 or $76.00 with proof I did have a permit when ticketed.
The no insurance portion was supposed to cost me $740.00 or $250.00 with current insurance dated after the ticket date.

I got a cop to sign off on both violations (waste of time) I took it back to the court and she said it could not be signed off due to the type of violations they were. She then tells me that I could only have the citing officer amend the permit portion since I was in the right.

She also says as for the no insurance portion, all I need to do is show her proof that I had insurance on my other vehicle (a car) or that I was covered on someone elses policy like my parents insurance.

So I pay the $10.00 to pospone my hearing date and contact this cop. I get ahold of him and he submits an amendment, I recieve the amendment in the mail about a week later and I take it to the court along with my automoblie insurance and my total fines paid.............

$20.00 INCLUDING the $10.00 fee to extend my hearing.

I am one lucky guy!

So Although I don't usually drive (anything) uninsured nor do I recommend anyone do this, there is a way to get out of it real cheap.

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
I got pulled over in my car not too long ago and my tags were expired, and I had no insurance. (Long story as to why, I'm usually on top of that shit.) I went and got registered AND insured THAT DAY, went to court, and had to pay a $400+ fine.

Not sure if the cop marked it 'correctable' at the time of the ticket or not, but that's my story.

Lesson learned: ALWAYS HAVE SOME TYPE OF INSURANCE, ALWAYS! AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR REGISTRATION, TOO!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Oh snap!!! you totally burned me!!!! Daaaaaaaaaaaang...hella hardcore with the comebacks!!!

But I like where your heads at---yes, donuts are good (great if they have icing) but i've found that I have a full 40-60 hours a week to plan for their acquisition and consumption, but you may be on to something--preplanning is never a bad idea.

And as for me keeping the black man down, they seem to do fine on their own, without any of my assistance. But again, I appreciate your forethought my racially motivated adversary.

(insert icon of me slapping you across the face with my limp cock)

T1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts