Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago today, I was hit. Some 70+ year old lady turned left right in front of me. I had no chance...I was going straight and she decided to wait until I was about 2 feet away and she just went.

I had all my gear on and trauma unit said the helmet saved my life. I flew up and over top of her and flew about 25 feet. Completely destroyed my shoulder and knee. I've been in the hospital since April 12th and I'm still here, hence that lack of forum posting.

Just wanted to check in with you all and let you know I'm still breathing. I will be in the hospital for another 2 weeks or so that kind of sucks. I've been through 3 surgeries, two knee drains, a blood transfusion, and numerous amounts of testing. We finally have a hold on things and I've started physical and occupational therapy yesterday. I'll be in the hospital for 2 more weeks, then I'll head home. Unfortunately I'll still be in a wheelchair and will need a hospital bed at home for a few months. I'll also be having another surgery on my knee in 2 months or so.

I was just told today that it may be up to a year until I'm walking on my own again so I'm kinda bummed about that. I'm making the best of the situation and trying to take it day by day.

Please pay attention on the roads. I'm like this all because someone can't pay the hell attention when driving.

Bike is totaled - I'm sure going to miss her :(

Just wanted to check in with you all.

~Lefty

·
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
3,309 Posts
Wow, glad you're alive! That sounds nasty. Hopefully insurance treats you good! Get a lawyer ASAP if you don't have one already.

Post up some gorey xray pics if you got em, and heal up fast!

I hope they fix ya up as good as they did me!

-Jamie M.

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Attorneys are already on it and are going to have a field say with this one.

Hoping to beat their timeline and get back on my feet as soon as I can.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Hoping for all the best man. I'm the last guy to be pulling the sue-trigger, but that wreck is going to be felt every day you wake up for the rest of your life. I hope you get taken care of.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
that sucks this exact thing happened to my friend not too long ago…luckily he wasn't going that fast

heal up man!! don't try and rush the healing process you'll hate yourself later

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
I'm glad you're alright, and I've been saying for years old people need to take the drivers test again after a certain age. They are ****ing dangerous!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Oh my god man, thank god you're still alive... Fcuk.... I walked away from that same accident. Jason didnt survive his. A friend of ours caught the same accident two days ago and is fighting for her life in ICU right now in a coma. Lady that turned in front of her was high on marijuana, methamphetamine, and prescription pills. By her own admission.

Glad you're still alive man. This specific accident example is what essentially ended my riding the street. And that was before you or our friend. Its never you, its always the other guy.

Stay positive man, :cheers :flex:

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
Heal fast brother, glad you're still with us!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Glad you're ok, I've been in that same accident with a broken femur. Take what you can from insurance; High Side is right, go after insurance or sue, I still feel after affects from my surgery 7 years later. Best of luck in your recovery and hope you heal fast!

·
Yeah Science!
7,338 Posts
Sorry to hear, keep your chin up

This really makes me not want to ride street anymore even though I already lost interest in street riding a long time ago...

·
dont fake the funk
1,814 Posts
Sorry to hear lefty. That type of maneuver from a vehicle is never a good thing for us riders. Wishing you well on your recovery! Ride safe everyone.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
Omg sorry to hear man. Very glad you are still here with us. Hope you heal fast, but like others say don't rush it. Best of luck buddy on the healing process. :( :hug

1 - 20 of 47 Posts