Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I found some no name, no cut, frame sliders on Ebay for my 04 R6. Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMA...012QQitemZ220252280523QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The price is great, but is this something you want to go "no name" on? Or should I just go for the popular Shogun? You can't bet this price, but I just feel like it could be bogus and not with stand one drop. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
:cuss these are so s*itty!!! You really do pay for what you get!
I have bought the SAME pair and I did a wheelie with these on and when it came down the bolt SNAPPED!! I had to tap the bolt out of my engine mount and buy newer more expensive ones. SPEND YOUR MONEY ONCE!! and get a great pair.
Lockhart Philips are GREAT! took 2 mintues to put on!!:toocool:
VORTEXX:thumbdown:yuk: poorly made and too expensive.
SHOGUN are great as well but do it right the first time!!
Good Luck!

OR
try race railz! I've heard there pretty amazing!

·
Registered
250 Posts
...which are prone to crack at the anchor point upon impact...
Well, I'm not an expert on these things, but you want frame sliders to get damaged on impact. Their job is to absorb the impact, and prevent damage to the frame. I got these ones HERE, and they seem to be good quality. A couple other people on this site said they're pretty good as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
make sure when you buy sliders and you get no cuts that you have at least grade 5 bolts and some high strength aluminum mounts. it will do its job then

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a real horror story IIIinINK. Thanks for all the feedback. I knew quality was the way to go. I heard of Shoguns and Vortex. I may try Shoguns.

Iniquity, thanks, have you ever dropped your bike on the Team Skeens?? or read about anyone elses experience with the Skeens?? I see those alot, but haven't heard any good or bad news about them. Your the first review I have read about them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the skeen racing no cut sliders and mine was tipped over in the grass by two little 5year olds....not a very good example considering it was in the grass, but it did not have any damage anywhere

·
Registered
25 Posts
Iniquity I didnt DROP my bike. when I landed the wheelie the *****in bolt snapped!!

·
My R6 eats bugs
253 Posts
graves for me. plus the replacement pucks are only 15 bucks

·
MY R1 IS A BEAST !!
85 Posts
I just got the shoguns and installed them this weekend, really easy. Just gotta make sure you put the right bolt on the right side. One is longer than the other and wont fit. If i remember correctly the longer one is on the left side and the shorter one on the right (if your sitting on the bike that is) look good with the black bike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the info all. I was trying my best not to drop $100 on the sliders. I don't want to be cheap, but I need a pipe too. Those Skeen Racing no-cuts are looking pretty attractive right now since you can get them for $30+ shipping from Ebay and I haven't heard anything bad yet. Shogun and Woodcraft would be my first choice...I need a PT job for the summer!

·
Registered
917 Posts
i try not to cut corners on the things that keep your shit off the ground i.e. sliders, gear, tires, rotors etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK OK! I hope everyone is happy. I just clinched my teeth and squeezed $95 out of my wallet for some no-cut Shogun frame sliders. I need them so I don't feel that guilty about it. Should't go cheap on safety. Now I just have to put them on! Thanks for all the input. Thanks for all the input everyone!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts