Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a problem with my engine bogging down when I rolled the throttle on my 2001 r6. I overhauled the carbs and she don't bog no more but has absolutely no power once I hit 8000 rps. Not to mention one of the black lines coming out of the bottom of my fuel tank (over flow line?) is pissing fuel. Anyone out there have any advice/experience with these probs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..... I took it apart and put it back together lol. This is my toy bike and should not be this frustrated being that this bike has been rode hard with no probs for over 6 years now (26,000 miles). Seriously considering trading it in now that it is looking like I will have to start spending money on it (It's ok with the wife to only spend money on the R1).
Today I will pull it apart again and try some minor adjustsments to the carbs (without the carb tool sync tool) just to see if it is a sync problem. She only wants to idle at 2500 to 3000 rpms. I can dial the idle down, but in momments its back up again, which I am hoping is congruent with a carb sync (starving for air or fuel?).
The leak is coming from one of the two black lines that run all the way down to the stand. I am hoping there is a float valve that is easily repositioned. All the lines are attached.
I have read alot of posts with similar probs but nothing is exactly like what I am experiencing..... I'll keep you posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts