Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Doin Work
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07v with the following performance mods:
*Graves Block offs
*PCIII with O2 delete (still needs a better tune, current tune not specific enough for mods)
*M4 Mid pipe (welded)
*Hot bodies Megaphone slip on
*K&N air filter

Issue: Like most the bike has sat for the winter. It is in a temperature controlled garage that is never below 55 degrees. The bike was started at least once a month and run for 15-20 min each time.

Last week I went to start it and it just cranked and cranked. It has plenty of cranking power but never actually turns over.
so far I have:
* Pulled the fuel line from the tank to the rail and confirmed I get fuel from the pump.
* put just a little gas down the throttle bodies and got it to turn over.

At this point I know I have furl from the pump, and spark since it turned over. So I could have a clog in the rail, rubber lines, or injectors. I am not as familiar with motorcycle fuel injection ( 2 sets of injectors and all) like I am cars, but I assume I could have a sensor issue as well.

Anyway anyone have any suggestions, or had similar issues? I figured I would pull the rail and make sure its clean and give it another shot.

Thanks all,

Lee

·
Doin Work
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so forgive me, I had to look up how to do the onboard digs. Keep in mind it didn't have a check engine light on.

Put it in to diag mode. went to d60 (my understanding this is where the stored codes display) my bike displayed "00" which means no codes right?

I am unsure about all of the other sections of the diagnostic mode. I have never used it before, to be honest I didn't know it existed haha

so my hunt continues

·
Just lean harder...
885 Posts
Have you tried giving it some throttle input while cranking?

·
Doin Work
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, didn't help until I put the gas directly in to the throttle bodies, then it cranked, kicked over and (died obviously)

·
Just lean harder...
885 Posts
This year has been the worst year for gas, I built a Harley Road Glide from the ground up last year and finished in December. I was gone for 2-3 weeks to have a seat made, when it came back it would not start for shit. It is a brand new 131" Patrick Racing motor that only had 20 minutes of break in before it left. I ended up draining all the fuel witch was only 30 days old, started right up with fresh fuel.

I have also had a few friends with FI sport bikes that would not start this year after sitting for more than a month. Had to drain the fuel. I had a Iron Horse that had fuel from last November and the fuel would not light even with a Bic lighter after being poured on the ground.

Drain the fuel and put some freshness in it.

ETA: Unplug the PCIII to make sure that didn't take a shit

·
Doin Work
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok So I miss read and D61 is where the codes are stored.
I am getting:
23 atmospheric sensore (was disconnected when doing digs, but now connected)
30:Lean angle cut-off switch (latch up detected) (open or short circuit) Bike hasn't been over since it was stolen a year ago.
50: ECU internal malfunction (memory check error) Maybe the PCIII?

oh and 18 but I didn't see one listed for this

·
Doin Work
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad ground to the PCIII I'm having the computer flashed soon so I won't have a use for that soon. But it does run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.