Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know this may not be the most suitable place for me to post as I dont own an R6 :rolleyes:, but I do own part of one and would really appreciate any help.

I am running R6 Carbs on my MK1 Golf and finding it very difficult to get some info for them.

I have recently removed them to re-jet/clean and need to identify some of the unused pipes/lines to get them running as intended.

The image below shows the 2 pipes that i'm unsure of. I know that No.2 is a balance pipe, but can someone tell me where it goes on the R6 and what it does.

Pipe No.1 seems to be linked to the bowls. Is it an overflow/breather? Does anyone know what it's for and where it goes on the R6?

Sorry for posting on this forum not having an R6, but the part of the bike I do have is great!

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So let me get this straight.....you are putting a motorcycle head on a VW Golf engine? Or are you talking about a golf-cart? Or are you just using motorcycle carbs? I can't believe that motorcycle carbs are better than a cars carbs. Wouldn't the car's be bigger?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have put these on my 1.3 VW Golf engine. This gives each cylinder its own throttle body as oppose to just one (standard).

Since the golf 1.3 is approx. twice the capacity of the R6 and the R6 revs approx. twice as fast (top end) they make a good match for fuel/air supply.

I have them on at the moment and the response is great, its also very rev happy:) much better than standard. Cheaper than twin webbers too.

Anyway, back to why I posted. I would just like to know what the pipes connect to on the R6 and what their purpose is so I can get the most out of these carbs.

Cheers!

·
Registered
119 Posts
call me crazy as I dont have a carb model R6... but wouldnt pipe 1 be a balancing breather? It looks like they all run into the bowl, with a breather pipe. Does it equalize the pressure in the bowls?

Just a stab...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts