Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just got an 02 R6, I had a zx7r before. I need a little help. I'm looking for some accent lights, what do you guys suggest? Also halo or devil eyes or just HIDs I have been doing a lot of research but idk which ones are better for the R6? Thanks, rob

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Hello and welcome:wave

Check out Joeflordia.com for some accent lights...

and HIDs will be your easiest and most simple mod compared to the installation of the angel eyes...to install the angel eyes, youll need to remove your headlight housing and cook it to remove the lens...HID's are plug n play...

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Hola!

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
:wave:wave

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I vote for HID's. The halos burn out frequently, so do the LED strips. I have to pull my headlight, and separate it all cause one halo is out. I didn't even put em in. While it may look hot, halos and all that shit are a PIA. My lenses also fog up, so I'll be resealing everything while I'm in there. Sounds like a lot of fun right OP?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ha sounds horrible thanks for the heads up...now what ype of HIDs are good/affordable/easy to install?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright so joe florida for accents annd krypton for HIDs...what kit? There are so many/I don't know what the differences are...ha sorry for so many ?'s

·
My Power band is blue
2,344 Posts
<-------Saugus MA here. Go with HID's. WHat type of accent lights you looking for?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Alright so joe florida for accents annd krypton for HIDs...what kit? There are so many/I don't know what the differences are...ha sorry for so many ?'s
For the 1st gen R6, you need H4 bi-xenons. That will give you high and low beams in both lights. There is an additional harness to hookup with bixenons, so you can run them off the battery, and use your stock headlight plug to trigger the hi's and lows. It's a better setup than running fully off the headlight plug

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
<-------Saugus MA here. Go with HID's. WHat type of accent lights you looking for?
I'm in Revere/Saugus too, only till the end of this week, then moving to CO.

Hey just got an 02 R6, I had a zx7r before. I need a little help. I'm looking for some accent lights, what do you guys suggest? Also halo or devil eyes or just HIDs I have been doing a lot of research but idk which ones are better for the R6? Thanks, rob

:wave, welcome and post some pics when u get a chance.

Cant go wrong with JeoFlorida and Krypton kits. Try using the search feature on this forum, really useful tool.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
off topic but how do you like your fmf slip-on?
I loved it!!! everyone told me that it had such a unique sound and everyone could always tell it was me coming...not to loud but much better than stock...i have an 06 r6 now unfortunatly some1 hit me in november and totaled the bike...the appraiser said they didnt even make that style fmf and more but i really liked it and it was something a little different new bike however will b full leo

1 - 20 of 31 Posts