Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Psalm 23:4
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty lame question. So when i bought my bike it came with a scorpion slipon. I want to get the rest of the system. Does an exhaust system consist of two pieces, 1-muffler and 1-headers? Is there a "midpipe" in between the muffler and the headers? If so does scorpion have one i can buy? thanks for any help.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
I was going to say that (Google). And you can just click ->search<- on this forum...

·
Psalm 23:4
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tried google for about half an hr and found absolutely nothing thats why i posted this.

so i need to buy a new FULL system huh?

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
no. you can get a 03-05 r6 header (and do the mod) and simply fit your current slipon to it. under $100 and you're good. get with jtolles - he did his and it's CLEAN. used a muffler shop for the o2 sensor bung and the transition pipe. best bang for your buck for an exhaust. :fact

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
no. you can get a 03-05 r6 header (and do the mod) and simply fit your current slipon to it. under $100 and you're good. get with jtolles - he did his and it's CLEAN. used a muffler shop for the o2 sensor bung and the transition pipe. best bang for your buck for an exhaust. :fact
I'll swap my headers with you. PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts