Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you wax your bike in a basement during December (MD)?

Everything says its better to wax in the heat. And that it will not bind to the paint correctly if its too cold. Also, its better to do it outside etc. Sooo is it that accurate or what????

The bike is pretty clean when I put it in the basement around September 1

Since I cant ride, waxing her would make me happy :) :toocool::hump:)

"Everyone has been a noob at one point right?"

·
143 Posts
Can you wax your bike in a basement during December (MD)?

Everything says its better to wax in the heat. And that it will not bind to the paint correctly if its too cold. Also, its better to do it outside etc. Sooo is it that accurate or what????

The bike is pretty clean when I put it in the basement around September 1

Since I cant ride, waxing her would make me happy :) :toocool::hump:)

"Everyone has been a noob at one point right?"
I have no idea and I wax mine all year long cold or hot but may I ask why you put it away in september in LA? So Cal has a year round riding season..

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea and I wax mine all year long cold or hot but may I ask why you put it away in september in LA? So Cal has a year round riding season..
The bike has always been in Maryland and is there currently. I go to school in LA so thats why it says that.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Why do you leave your bike in md when you spend most of your year in la at school?? Personally, I'd want to be taking advantage of all the awesome riding in cali and the perfect weather but that's just me...

You'll be fine to wax it, your basement shouldn't be cold enough to make it not work.

·
Registered
424 Posts
the only rule Ive lived by is do not do it in the shade.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Why do you leave your bike in md when you spend most of your year in la at school?? Personally, I'd want to be taking advantage of all the awesome riding in cali and the perfect weather but that's just me...

You'll be fine to wax it, your basement shouldn't be cold enough to make it not work.
:stupic

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I didnt have the 600 dollars they wanted to ship it cross country, but dont worry im gonna ship it out in the fall :)

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You will be fine in the basement.
Only one thing
Do no wax the sides of the tank lol
explain....... is that so you dont lose grip?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts