Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
08 Raven R6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and bikes. My name is Kris, I have always been into bikes but never been able to afford one. I am thinking about getting an R6 as my first bike. I am interested in getting an 08 Raven R6. Are there any precautions i should take when getting such a powerful bike for a starter bike?

Thanks

·
Banned
660 Posts
I am new to this site and bikes. My name is Kris, I have always been into bikes but never been able to afford one. I am thinking about getting an R6 as my first bike. I am interested in getting an 08 Raven R6. Are there any precautions i should take when getting such a powerful bike for a starter bike?

Thanks
it aint powerful its actually quite timid

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
you'll be alright with that bike. just respect it and don't do anything your not ready for...like taking corners fast, redlining etc.

·
U.S. Marine
1,099 Posts
Just do your homework before buying anything. I "almost" bought a motorcycle probably 5 times over the past few years. If you want it, make the commitment to get it, and respect the hell out of it. This is my first street bike as well so I'll be in touch. Gotta crawl before you walk

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
welcome to the forum!!!

as i'm sure you know the R6 is not a starter bike by any means, a 250 ninja is. but not everyone follows that. so heres what to do............
take the MSF course, get all gear (helmit, gloves, jacket and boots) never wear shorts, always wear heavy duty jeans or actual riding pants. get frame sliders for your bike.

then always wear your gear, take it very very very easy in the begining and try to stay out of the power band. never ride above your skill level or limits. don't try to show off or do stupid sh!t. don't think you "have to" keep the same pace as every one else, stay in your comfort zone.

do that and you "should" be fine.

·
U.S. Marine
1,099 Posts
Yea I definitely will. I've gone through an Integra GS-R and a Honda S2000 so the cocky thickheaded stuff is pretty much thing of the past. I also just dropped a thousand bucks on helmet, jacket, and gloves. I'll be sweating my arse off for the rest of the summer but oh well. I take the beginners course next weekend and I intend to take the experienced riders course before fall.

*Also does anyone here have a Scorpio security alarm system on their bike? It wants me to buy a wire harness for an extra $30 and I don't really want to drop the money if I don't have to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts