Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 r6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone kno if this is normal? I took off my exhaust on my 08 r6 wit +13k. Owner before me did a half ass m4 full system with major exhaust leaks. I dont have the money to get it welded at this time. Right now I'm using reinzosil (gasket replacer) to seal up the joints. I have clamps but not sealing it 100%(cuz half ass exhaust system) I've tried about everything out there to seal joints and none lasts. This sealing product has been working pretty good. It can take the heat and vibration. So I took exhaust system off and looked up. I kno its little dirty/rusty. Going to clean it and wanted to kno if this is normal. Thanks for ur input

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I guess you're referring to the buildup on the exhaust valves, stems, and walls? Images aren't very clear. But for only 13k, I'd guess that the amount of buildup is excessive.

Did they remove the oxygen sensor from the exhaust system?

·
Registered
2008 r6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess you're referring to the buildup on the exhaust valves, stems, and walls? Images aren't very clear. But for only 13k, I'd guess that the amount of buildup is excessive.

Did they remove the oxygen sensor from the exhaust system?
I mean overall and if anything looks outta place. No Its still there. Should I remove it? I'm installing smog block off plates tomorrow.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,006 Posts
Is WHAT normal?

·
Registered
2008 r6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is WHAT normal?
It this what an 08 r6 wit 13k on it look like? Or is there to much rust or shit built up? Should it be cleaner? Not sure what the white rods are but that what they supposed to look like? It's my first bike and not sure how parts are supposed to look like wit wear and tear. I'm familiar wit cars but not bikes.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The rods are likely valve stems... from your exhaust valves. They're made of a different material and for many engine designs, are coated to help resist buildup. >60k including rain and road salt so my header bolts and brackets are pretty rusted. Won't matter until I go take them apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts