Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put twisties in quotes cause, let's be honest, there are not exactly a bevy of canyons up here in the burbs north of Chicago. I've only owned a bike since spring 2009, but have been trying to keep my eye out for any roads that may be fun to ride. So far, I've seen basically... nothing.

I'm assuming there's some stuff heading towards WI or maybe towards Rockford. I've heard Lakeshore drive is a fun cruise, but I'm looking for something with a bit more corners involved, and a lot less traffic (and police). Not looking to go full throttle or anything, just want a road where I can actual feel the corners a bit and work on my body position, etc.

Scenery a plus!

I thought rather than throwing random ideas into this thread, we could try and be a bit more specific and maybe link directly to a Google Maps page.

So, to get things started, here's the opposite of what I'm asking for, but still a nice ride:
Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL
(Note: In the top right above the map page on google, there's a "LINK" button, that you can copy and paste and will recreate what you're currently looking at).

EDIT: Also, I know someone had linked a long time ago a website that had a google maps-like interface, that had motorcycle routes marked on it, as well as what type of route, difficulty level, etc. Can't seem to find that link, though...

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
SW Wisconsin, the Galena IL area, nothing close that I know of. The area from Galena North to I90, west to the Mississippi and East to about Madison is pretty good riding because it was missed by the last glaciers and not wiped smooth.

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn that's way out in the middle of nowhere.

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump?

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. So barren in the Chicago-metro area :(

I thought I had seen something similar though, that wasn't this specific site... maybe I'm wrong though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts