Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding season is here finally after a long winter and I know I'm not the only one who can't wait to drag some knee. Figured a new thread was in order for us all to share what events we are looking forward to, pictures, stories, info, etc.

·
Just wadd on it.
175 Posts
New York Safety Track. Asap. Graduating school 2nd week in May, I hope to be up there shortly after.

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolute Cycle Experience events 4/27-28 and 5/2 (CCS practice day) and CCS NJMP weekend are gonna be here before you know it. Anyone already signed up?

and any riders new to the track scene or interested in going to the track for there first time???

Absolute has a great deal for all new track riders, $99 includes suit rental if required.
Check out there website here for dates pricing etc.

I should be there for all 3 Absolute TD's as well as competing in CCS. Can't wait to get in some hot laps with my Absolute family and friends.

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New York Safety Track. Asap. Graduating school 2nd week in May, I hope to be up there shortly after.
Not hating on NYST but you may want to check out what's going on with their operation before signing up for an event with them. Supposedly they lost the court case against the locals and will be restricted to their original site plan, 250cc bikes and no more than 25 riders.

It is a fun track but not the safest imo. Witnessed a dude lowside, putting his bike in the trees and totaled along with an ankle injury. A similar incident at other tracks with adequate runoff probably would have resulted in far less damage to the bike and rider.

Do you have any interest in riding at Pocono or NJMP?

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Not hating on NYST but you may want to check out what's going on with their operation before signing up for an event with them. Supposedly they lost the court case against the locals and will be restricted to their original site plan, 250cc bikes and no more than 25 riders.

It is a fun track but not the safest imo. Witnessed a dude lowside, putting his bike in the trees and totaled along with an ankle injury. A similar incident at other tracks with adequate runoff probably would have resulted in far less damage to the bike and rider.

Do you have any interest in riding at Pocono or NJMP?
They do need more run off bad! If you stay within your limit you'll be fine. They seem to be going a head with operations normally. Personally I'm already on the hook for two days. May just bang them out before the place go's down in flames.:lmao

If your close to NJMP I'd give them a checkout also, NJMP is a 5+ hour trip for me. :nono

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do need more run off bad! If you stay within your limit you'll be fine. They seem to be going a head with operations normally. Personally I'm already on the hook for two days. May just bang them out before the place go's down in flames.:lmao

If your close to NJMP I'd give them a checkout also, NJMP is a 5+ hour trip for me. :nono
It's not only the amount of runoff, but it is also not exactly something you can run off and ride through. Although the trees were cleared out the terrain is very mountainous with rocks and shrubs all over the place that a street bike is not riding over.

Gundam, have you checked out pocono? It's probably 2-3 hours closer to you than NJMP and Absolute will be running the FUSA circuit at the end of may.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
It's not only the amount of runoff, but it is also not exactly something you can run off and ride through. Although the trees were cleared out the terrain is very mountainous with rocks and shrubs all over the place that a street bike is not riding over.

Gundam, have you checked out pocono? It's probably 2-3 hours closer to you than NJMP and Absolute will be running the FUSA circuit at the end of may.
I was directing the ride within limit to the new guy, sorry I didnt make it clear :lmao

You will get no argument from me the run off is non existent. I've seen a few bikes totally murdered. I do not understand why nothing has been done.
When I brought it up I was told something about anymore run off could lead to a flooding issue or some crap.:dunce:

The gravel pit is just vicious they could at least use the same time of gravel you would see at laguna instead of those mountain shavings.

Googling pocono now, is it that track in CT? I heard tony's track days has some dates there also.

·
Just wadd on it.
175 Posts
I've heard pocono has a poor track surface. Is it enough to discourage me to go there? Also I'll be living near Parsippany nj in May so NJMP is about 2.5 hours. I'd definitely consider making that trip.

I want to go to nyst because I had a great experience there and thought the track was a lot of fun.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
I've heard pocono has a poor track surface. Is it enough to discourage me to go there? Also I'll be living near Parsippany nj in May so NJMP is about 2.5 hours. I'd definitely consider making that trip.

I want to go to nyst because I had a great experience there and thought the track was a lot of fun.
It is a fun track if you can get air born off wheelie hill :laugh

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Googling pocono now, is it that track in CT? I heard tony's track days has some dates there also.
Pocono Raceway is in Long Pond, PA. Its near the border of NJ just off of route 80.

The FUSA circuit is a combination of infield sections and the nascar track.
I have been on the east and the southeast configurations which were fun but you reach much higher top speeds on the FUSA circuit.

Absolute will have 1 day in each configuration and FUSA will probably be the only one sold out.

Pocono was freshly paved last year and with all new curbing!
Track surface was excellent imo except it was very abrasive and tire wear has been an issue for me. But there were zero patches and the curbing is very nice.

I highly suggest checking out Pocono as it is by far the closest track to Parsippany and North Jersey and although the east and south east are not NJMP level, they are fun, challenging, and safe.

It is a fun track if you can get air born off wheelie hill :laugh
you mean jump hill? :lmao

·
I get paid to get high
735 Posts
Absolute Cycle Experience events 4/27-28 and 5/2 (CCS practice day) and CCS NJMP weekend are gonna be here before you know it. Anyone already signed up?

and any riders new to the track scene or interested in going to the track for there first time???

Absolute has a great deal for all new track riders, $99 includes suit rental if required.
Check out there website here for dates pricing etc.

I should be there for all 3 Absolute TD's as well as competing in CCS. Can't wait to get in some hot laps with my Absolute family and friends.
Totally contemplating pulling the trigger on this. Been wanting to do a track day... never have.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
I've never been to the track yet. I have all the gear, full suit, everything. I'm close to NJMP. Didn't know what days I should go? What dates are you guys going? I don't have any local friends who have bikes that want to hit the track yet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
821 Posts
First time back to the Forum in forever! Glad to see this thread up and running; because of work and family I had to take some time off, but i cant wait to get back out there again! Miss the crew and the awesome atmosphere.... I'm nervous as hell about getting back out there and being a back marker, but I know the cobwebs are bound to shake off.

I can't lie, I feel like a virgin at the prom. I know I'm gonna get lucky but the anxiety is killing me!
I look forward to a great season and seeing everyone out there!

·
I get paid to get high
735 Posts
You won't regret it, it's an awesome experience. I still remember my first track day like it was yesterday.
Yeah I'm definitely going to try to get out to one this year. I've been to njmp for ama races so seen a bunch of turn 3-4 wrecks so a tad bit intimidated by that lol.... getting out there is most definitely on my to do list.:nocontrol

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
First time back to the Forum in forever! Glad to see this thread up and running; because of work and family I had to take some time off, but i cant wait to get back out there again! Miss the crew and the awesome atmosphere.... I'm nervous as hell about getting back out there and being a back marker, but I know the cobwebs are bound to shake off.

I can't lie, I feel like a virgin at the prom. I know I'm gonna get lucky but the anxiety is killing me!
I look forward to a great season and seeing everyone out there!
Max when are you going to make it out? Im trying for the 28th and i feel the same way as you. Its been over a year since i last rode.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Max when are you going to make it out? Im trying for the 28th and i feel the same way as you. Its been over a year since i last rode.
I'm having a really hard time with my throttle, it returns very slowly and I know it won't pass tech.... I've taken the damned bike apart lubed everything I can think of and although it improved somewhat, it's still not snapping back.

I just ordered a revolver throttle kit which I plan on installing this weekend, hopefully that'll cure it, I want to get out there as soon as possible and get the season started already!

1 - 20 of 319 Posts