Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello there fellas . i picked up a 07 R6 10k miles mint. I rode it home 40 miles amazing rode Like a race bike. Today i did a oil change 20W50 full synthetic 3.5 quarts. I did a coolant flush and new coolant. I cant get the bike into Neutral now and its riding like crap bogs. This bike ran like a race bike yesterday. Ive had a few bikes zx9r cb900 vstar1100. I do all the work. I cant find neutral at all ! Any help is much appreciated . i try starting it with no clutch. Trying find Neutral nothing she will go into 1 st 2nd. 3rd. No Neutral i thought ok maybe lights out but i cant find Nuetral now

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,244 Posts
Detent, spring, or ball are borked. 20-50? Pretty thick oil. Possible gummed up clutch plates. I use only rotella 5-40 t6 in mine since 1k miles (now 28k) and have no issues with the weight.

Reactions: jlcr6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response i changed the oil again 10w40 added 3 quarts .still same issue bogs at take off horrible and makes a funny noise. Plus i cant find neutral at all i thought maybe the N light but i still cant find the gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put a little less than 3 quarts . bike wont start with the kickstand down. Only in gear and it jumps a little. What could be my issue? Dream bike down the shitter first day smh

·
Registered
184 Posts
Could you make a video showing the noise? Do you have any errors?

If you have the kickstand down and a gear engaged, the bike will not start, unless you have the clutch lever pressed.

Regards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes kickstand up. In gear with clutch pressed she starts . kickstand down in geat clutch pressed she wont crank at all. No errors i mean i rode 40 miles did 85 ran great did a oil change coolant and its a different bike. Best part no pdf download for service manual .smh

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,175 Posts
Did you accidentally flip the shift arm when you put it back on after changing the filter? That would change the sift pattern to a “GP” shift pattern (1 up, 5 down). Are you sure you’re in first, not sixth gear?

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,175 Posts
Oh, and the pdf manual is available on the R6-Forum.com Facebook page under the “files” tab

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,244 Posts
Glad it wasn't oil weight related.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive built a few a 1980 cb900 98 zx9r i kinda know my way around a bike. Rookie r6 mistake. i rode it about 30 miles into Brooklyn

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,175 Posts
Ive built a few a 1980 cb900 98 zx9r i kinda know my way around a bike. Rookie r6 mistake. i rode it about 30 miles into Brooklyn
It happens. The next trap is when you get a filter with a nut on the end, or get a filter for an R6S instead of your R6 and it fouls the shift rod....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought so also that the k&n oil filter with nutt wasnt gonna clear but it does! They did there homework lol thanks for the pdf .she needs a fork seal job definitely need the manual for this

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,175 Posts
Actually the K&N has a couple problems. On some of their reference charts they have (or used to have) the wrong filter listed for the 06+. The Second gen filter is slightly longer. The second issue is they have a tendency to leak where the nut is welded in. They are banned from many tracks for racing, or even track days due to incidents.

I stay far away from K&N oil filters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts